Highlighted
Shandra
Silent Starter
Registered since

Jul 17, 2019

can i use my Bose Wave CD 3000 with my Samsung Smart TV?

HOW do I connect Bose Wave CD3000 to the optical audio out from 2018 Samsung UN40MU6290FXZA Smart TV?

Samsung says need to have a cable with a optical end to plug into the TV, and the other end would be a 3.5mm jack.  However, this Bose only has a pair of "Aux In" holes, red and white.  The TV is digital but is the Bose analog?  Elsewhere on here you say not to use a converter to get analog to accept digital.  God help us 60 year old farts!

1 REPLY 1

Re: can i use my Bose Wave CD 3000 with my Samsung Smart TV?

Hello Shandra, 

Thank you for your post and welcome to the Bose Community. 

I'd love to help you with this setup that you are wishing to implement. I'm not sure where you have heard that we do not recommend Analog-to-Digital Converters, I think this would be a suitable suggestion for this matter. Of course, we cannot guarantee compatibility or sustained quality, but it would be the best options. 

Whilst we cannot directly recommend any third-party products, here are some great examples which can give you an idea of what to look for: Analog-to-Digital (DTV) Converters

Another possibility could be an RCA to 3.5mm cable which could go into the headphones port of your TV and then into your Acoustic Wave CD3000.

I hope this information is helpful, and if you have any questions, do not hesitate to get back to us. We're here to help.

Warm regards,

Charlotte G - Community Support