Highlighted
Silent Starter
Registered since

Mar 28, 2020

connect my WAVE music system to my Samsung Smart TV

I have a new Samsung Q6 Smart TV and want to connect it to my older WAVE system. My WAVE has RCA phono jacks in the rear but my SAMSUNG only seems to have HDMI outputs. I haven't been able to find a cable with this type arrangement of plugs. 

So can it be done and if so, anyone knw where I could find this type of cable?

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted

Re: connect my WAVE music system to my Samsung Smart TV

Hi EasyEd, 

Thanks for posting. Welcome to the Community. 

I wouldn't suggest using an HDMI output in this instance. Could you post the model number for the TV so I can check what alternative connections options are available for you?

Thanks.

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.
Highlighted
Silent Starter
Registered since

Apr 13, 2020

We have a new 2019 Samsung Q6DR smart tv.  Purchased a mini RCA composite CVBS Av to HDMI Video Audio converter but it isn't being recognized by the TV, when hooked up.  The radio in AUX doesn't produce any sound.   Samsung support states this device is not compatible with this new TV.  She suggested contacting Bose for other suggestions.

Highlighted

Hi cindyjk10, 

Thanks for posting! Welcome to the Community. 

I've had a quick look at the specs for your TV and it doesn't appear to feature any analog audio outputs. Your only option would be to use a DAC (digital to analog converter) This would connect to the optical output on the TV. I'm afraid I cannot make any specific recommendations. It's not something I've personally used, but it should do the trick. 

All the best.

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.