Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Nov 18, 2020

connecting a TV to a Bose Wave music system

Hi. I wonder if anyone can help me, please? I am hoping to connect my Toshiba TV to my Wave music system, so that I can play the sound through the music system. Both the TV and the Bose are about ten years old.  There are several phono sockets on the back of the TV but, as far as I can see, these are all for audio input, not output. I am wondering whether it would be safe/effective to connect the music system to the headphone socket on the TV. I'd be very grateful for any advice.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Nov 18, 2020

Re: connecting a TV to a Bose Wave music system

Author Accepted Answer selected by tcfa285

Hi Jeff,

Many thanks for your prompt and helpful advice.  I'll give it a go, no longer in fear of blowing the electronics in either device.  I'm very grateful.

All the best

Clifford

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted

Hi tcfa285!

Thanks for posting. 

As you may be aware, the Wave Music System is not designed to be used directly with a TV, however, you may be able to do so by utilizing the AUX input on the system. 

If your TV features a headphone output, then yes, it would be fine to run a 3.5mm to 3.5mm mini-jack cable from that port to the AUX port on the Wave. 

I hope this helps!

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Nov 18, 2020

Author Accepted Answer selected by tcfa285

Hi Jeff,

Many thanks for your prompt and helpful advice.  I'll give it a go, no longer in fear of blowing the electronics in either device.  I'm very grateful.

All the best

Clifford

View solution in original post

Highlighted

Not a problem, tcfa285. We're happy to help where we can, and if you have any further questions or queries for us or anyone in the Community, feel free to post!

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!