Highlighted
ladyhawk21
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

May 30, 2019

cord to connect wave to tv

my tv has the optical connection-  what cord do i need to connect my TV to the bose IV (the one that came with the input from QVC)  my TV

does not have bluetooth

11 REPLIES 11

Re: cord to connect wave to tv

Hi @ladyhawk21, and welcome to the Community!

The Wave IV comes with a single port connection for AUX. This is the cable that is designed to connect to an input that matches this. If you're not using this port for anything, then you would need an AUX to Optical adapter cable.

Alternatively, if you want to have more than once device connected (e.g also using the Echo Input), then using a splitter adapter optical to AUX connector would be your best bet.

I hope this helps, and please get back to me with any questions!

Liam W - Community Support

ladyhawk21
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

May 30, 2019

i am not going to use the input with the bose as i wanted to use the bose for the TV

i bought a AUX / Optical adapter cable -it  has the optical end for the TV and aux end for the bose  but that did not work

so i figured i needed a different cord

@ladyhawk21 Thanks for following up!

Please check which end of the optical/AUX adapter is the input and which is the output. The order for connection should be as follows:

TV ---Optical--->Adapter (Input). Adapter (Output)---AUX---> Wave Music system. 

Please also ensure that you are plugging the AUX port into the AUX in port on the Wave, and not the headphones port!

Please check that the adapter is setup for the right inputs and outputs and get back to me!

Liam W

ladyhawk21
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

May 30, 2019

this is the cord i used-   is the one i need called something particlular?    this one may not work as i think the package said audio/video

20190530_190654.jpg

Hi Ladyhawk21, 

Thank you for coming back to us! 

This image isn't completely clear but it does look right. 

Make sure you have your Wave system in the 'AUX' source and that you have changed your TV sound settings to Digital Optical out. 

Let me know how you get on! 

Kindest, 

Jessie O

ladyhawk21
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

May 30, 2019

ok i did not change the sound on the tv to digital optical

i will have to see if i can figure out how to do that

thanks so much

ladyhawk21
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

May 30, 2019

does bose have any type of cords  i think the one i have is a video/audio cord and may need a different cord

Hi Ladyhawk21, 

Thanks for posting and updating us this. 

We don't sell a Wave cord for what you are trying to do as the Wave system isn't intended to be used with a TV. 

Kind Regards, 

Hector B 

ladyhawk21
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

May 30, 2019

Hector B

that was the whole point of my post and the QVC presenation they talked about using with the TV and others have connected their bose to the tv