Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Oct 6, 2019

error cd not playable when cd in the Bose Radio CD player

when cd in the Bose Radio CD player I get a cd not playable error but I can play the same cd when it's in the multi-cd changer.  

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted

Re: error cd not playable when cd in the Bose Radio CD player

Hello agnes_keegan,

Thank you for your post and welcome to the Bose Community. 

I am sorry to hear that you are having difficulty with the built-in CD player on your Wave system. 

For clarification, could you please enter your serial number here and confirm the model of your Wave system.

Does this happen with all CDs? 

My first suggestion for any CD player would be a disc lens cleaner. You can generally grab one of these at most electronics stores. 

Let me know how you get on with this.

Warm regards,

Charlotte G - Community Support

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jul 5, 2020

My player worked for a few years without any issues but now, suddenly, ever CD I own is coming up "not playable" in my BOSE Wave system. I cleaned every single CD and also ran a disc cleaner through the player to clean it. I also unplugged it, hoping that would reset things. Still no luck. Please advise. 

Highlighted

Hi paula127,

Thanks for trying that troubleshooting already! As you are still unable to play your CDs after doing that, could you please let me know which model of Wave system you have? If you are unsure, you can double-check this with our Product Identifier.

There is likely more troubleshooting that you can do still, and knowing which model you have will help us find what the next best step will be!

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!