dmc081
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Feb 12, 2020

replaced remote control on Acoustic Wave® Music System II how to setup?

do i have to set it up or maybe something wrong with the unit it self? its a brand new remote that i replaced it doesn't work right out the box and the battery is new the model of my system is a cd-3000

5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted

Re: replaced remote control on Acoustic Wave® Music System II how to setup?

Hi dmc081, 

Thanks for reaching out. I am sorry that your remote control does not appear to be controlling your Acoustic Wave II. 

Your system receives commands via infrared. No settings changed are needed for your remote control to function. The IR sensor is on the front of the system, therefore be sure this is not blocked. 

Could you forward us an image of your remote control, we would like to confirm that the correct remote has been provided to you. 😊

I look forward to hearing from you. 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.
Highlighted
dmc081
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Feb 12, 2020

IMG-0059.JPG

Highlighted

Hi dmc081,

Thank you for providing that.

That is a slightly different remote than I would expect for the Acoustic Wave CD-3000. The remote for a CD-3000 should look like this:

CD3000 remote.jpg

It is possible you have the wrong remote for your system. What would be worth doing is checking exactly which model you have using our Product Identifier and your serial number. Or getting in touch with your local support team, as they will be able to help you find the right remote and potentially order one for you directly. Their contact information can be found HERE by selecting your country/region, then scrolling down to select 'contact us'

Let me know how you get on.

Keith L

New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.
Highlighted
dmc081
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Feb 12, 2020

what is the ir receiver code to use on a universal remote?

Highlighted

Hi dmc081,

That will depend on the universal remote you are using. The correct codes for the remote will be supplied by the remote manufacturer, I would recommend checking with them.

If you have a universal remote already, I would be happy to have a look and find the information for you as well.

Keith L