Highlighted
guazzabuglio
Silent Starter
Registered since

Aug 24, 2019

sync a different remote with Bose Wave AWR1

here's a question. i have 2 Bose Waves and 1 remote. i would like to switch the remote to use with the Bose that is missings its remote. is that possible? the one with a remote is a AWRC 1G, the one without a remote is an AWR1 1W. is this even remotely (ha) possible?

1 REPLY 1

Re: sync a different remote with Bose Wave AWR1

Hello Guazzabuglio, 

Many thanks for your question via the Bose Community. Welcome to the website. 

While this is unfortunately not something we can personally test (as I hope you can appreciate, these are fairly older systems at this stage.) The two are incredibly similar machines, with one featuring a CD player, and the other not. Therefore, in theory, the Radio-related functions of the AWRC 1G (Bose Wave Radio CD), should work with the AWR1 1W (Bose Wave Radio) system, and vice-versa. The only way to be able to tell for sure is to test this yourself if you have them both to hand. 

It should also be noted that remote controls for both products may still be available from Bose Support. Please click here, to locate the Bose website for your country and head to the contact page if you wish to seek a brand new replacement.

If any members of the community have both devices and are able to test this, I am sure Guazzabuglio would be incredibly grateful. 

Kind regards, 

Jeff G - Community Support