George3307
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Jul 12, 2019

wave Iv

Wave iv worked perfectly one day next day cd unreadable error did reset with no results. Radio works fine, now to just have 400 dollar three year old paper wait

1 REPLY 1

Re: wave Iv

Hello George3307,

Welcome to the Bose Community, thank you for posting. 

I'm sorry to hear you are having issues with the CD player on your Wave Music System IV. I can appreciate how frustrating this must be. 

With regards to troubleshooting, can you please try the following: 

- Unplug the system from power for around 1 minute, then plug it back in. 

- Check to ensure the disc you are using is free of scratches and is using a compatible format. (Our systems support: CD, CD-R, CD-RW, MP3 CD)

- Perform a product reset (bear in mind this will clear all saved settings. 

To restore the Wave system's factory defaults, follow these steps:

-Turn off the unit using the remote or by touching the top of the radio
-On the remote, press and hold Alarm Setup until -SETUP MENU- is displayed
-Press Tune > repeatedly until RESET ALL is displayed
-Press Time + button to change NO to YES. PRESS 3 TO CONFIRM will scroll across the display twice
-Press Preset 3 while the message is scrolling. RESET COMPLETE will appear in the display, the display will go blank and the system will reboot
-Once this process is complete, all Setup Menu settings, radio presets and alarm settings will be set to their default values 

If you find the issue still persists, please reach out to support in your country. All Bose supported countries can be found here. Please click your country, then head to the 'contact' page. 

Please let me know how you get on, and if anyone else on the community is having these issues, please feel free to add your comments.

Kind regards, 

Jeff G - Community Support