zapps123
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Feb 8, 2020

wave radio and echo dot

I have a bose radio with cd player. It's probally 20 years old but works great. I hooked it to my echo dot by cable. Most of the songs play great but some will not play both channels. It's playing out both speakers but like listening to just one side of stereo.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
zapps123
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Feb 8, 2020

Re: wave radio and echo dot

Author Accepted Answer selected by zapps123

Well I found out why both channels were not playing. **bleep** mouse had eaten through wire and shorted out. Sorry to bother everyone. Headed to store to get trap. Thank you so much.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted

Hey zapps123, 

Thanks for reaching out and welcome to the Bose Community! 

I would love to be able to help you to resolve this. To start with I need to confirm the specific Wave model you have? It will be listed either on the back or the bottom of the speaker. 

I look forward to your reply. 

Kind Regards, 

Vicky W - Community Support 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.
Highlighted
Xyz987
Gabby Guru
Registered since

Oct 18, 2017

Are they possibly older music recorded in monaural instead of stereo?

Highlighted
zapps123
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Feb 8, 2020

Awrc-1

Highlighted

Hello Zapps123, 

Thanks for getting back to me so quickly. 

Are you using a cable such as this  https://amzn.to/2UDy5Ki to connect to the Echo Dot? If so have you connected the echo to an alternative speaker to ensure that it is correctly outputting both left and right audio channels? Also, have you tried another cable to see if this helps? 

It would be great to know if you have tried connecting your phone to the speaker via the cables and playing the same content to see if the issue is with the audio formatting? 

I would really like to pinpoint where the issue is so that we can correctly identify which part we need to troubleshoot. 

I look forward to hearing back from you. 

Kind Regards,

Vicky W

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.
Highlighted
zapps123
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Feb 8, 2020

Author Accepted Answer selected by zapps123

Well I found out why both channels were not playing. **bleep** mouse had eaten through wire and shorted out. Sorry to bother everyone. Headed to store to get trap. Thank you so much.

View solution in original post