Participant
Registered since

Dec 24, 2019

wave remote stopped working

I have had this unit for probably 10 years and the remote suddenly stopped working.  Replace the battery and it still is not working.

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted

Re: wave remote stopped working

Hello itspooh2,

Thank you for posting and welcome to the community. I'm sorry to hear you are having trouble with your wave remote and would be happy to help with this.

It seems like you have tried some great troubleshooting already, changing the battery would always be my first suggestion for this, so thank you for trying that and letting us know.

When you try and control the wave system, do we get a response from any of the buttons on the remote? Or are none of the buttons working?

The next thing I would recommend we try is rebooting the speaker, by disconnecting it from power for 30 seconds, then reconnecting and testing.

Kind Regards,

Keith L - Community Support

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Mar 8, 2020

I, too, have owned my Bose Wave Music system for more than 10 years. In October of 2019, I sent it in to Bose fro repairs. Got it back in November 2019. Tried to use the remote to change the time, no response. Changed the battery, no response. Disconnected for 30 seconds, no response. Nothing blocking the front of the set. Tried all the buttons on the remote, no response

Highlighted

Hello b_goodman, 

Thanks for posting and providing us with this information. Sorry to hear that your Wave Radio remote is also having this issue! 

As the issue still persists and you have already attempted the steps, I would highly recommend getting in touch with our customer service team via clicking this link, then kindly scroll and select your region, once this is done please scroll to Contact Us. The team will be on hand and ready to help.

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!