Highlighted
cjunekim
Silent Starter
Registered since

May 1, 2018

After Windows 1803 update, the volume control doesn't work properly

Hello

I did Windows 10 1803 update yesterday. Now the volume control on the SoundWear Companion Speaker doesn't work properly. This applies to Windows OS.

When you connect the speaker to the windows machine via Bluetooth, there shows two playback devices on the sound setting: Bose SoundWear Hands-Free and Bose SoundWear Stereo. The former is for duplex communication and it is mono and its audio quality is relatively poor. The latter is for listening to music and it's stereo with higher audio quality.

Before the update, I could press the volume buttons plus and minus to adjust the volume of the Bose SoundWear Stereo speaker leaving the windows volume intact. But after the update, the volume buttons no longer adjusts the volume of the stereo speaker. It adjusts the volume of Hands-Free speaker instead -- the windows volume control for Hands-Free speaker moves. Now I have to directly adjust the volume from the windows OS with my mouse. It is very inconvenient and it loses the meaning of using a bluetooth device.

I confirmed this in two different settings. One with my Dell laptop computer, and the other with my desktop with a bluetooth dongle.

4 REPLIES 4
cjunekim
Silent Starter
Registered since

May 1, 2018

Re: After Windows 1803 update, the volume control doesn't work properly

I have posted this a week ago and got no reply at all. Hasn't anyone experienced similar problems?

Hi cjunekim,

Thank you so much for posting. I am sorry to hear that you are having this issue. It sounds that something in the update changed the way your SoundWear operates with your computer. We have a post that helps troubleshoots computer issues you can find that here,

Computer Related Informational Post

Also HERE is a link to Microsoft support that could be of assistance.

Regards,

Tony - Community Support

Stevepug2
Animated Arbiter
Registered since

May 9, 2018

Hi Cjunekim,

All I can say is that I have the same experience, my Windows 10 Surface Pro no longer controls either the volume or the next play buttons through the Soundwear Companion. They work fine through my Samsung phone. Don't know what the issue is.
moonrunner
Silent Starter
Registered since

Oct 16, 2018

I have the same problem...cant control the sound with the companion (PC Windows 10 )  .. have to go to windows and fix the volume. BOSE please fix this. its very annoying 😕 

300€ paid for it. Come on.