Bluetooth issues

Highlighted
Quiet Contributor

Bluetooth issues

Hi,

I am using the companion speaker for skype meetings and it works great most of the time. Occasionally, the microphone stops working and the sound becomes distorted. The only way to restore the sound is to switch off/on the companion speaker. The sound issues are not related to the skype connection quality. I am using a Mac Book Pro with OS X 10.13.4, Skype version 8.19.0.1 and the latest firmware of the companion speaker (1.1.3).

I really like this product. It would be great if you could iron out these issues with a firmware update.

Best regards,

Matthias

7 REPLIES

Re: Bluetooth issues

Hi there, Matthias!

Welcome to the community and thanks for posting!  I'm happy to hear that for the most part, you're enjoying your SoundWear Companion.  

I'd like to try some troubleshooting steps that I'm including below:

1. Turn the speaker on
  2. Press and hold the Multi-function button and Volume - button for 10 seconds
  3. Once complete, the Bluetooth indicator flashes blue and a voice prompt prompts to select a language

Let me know if this helps?  I hope you have a great day!

Take care,

Shiloh - Community Support 

Quiet Contributor

Hi Shiloh,

I tried that but I still get sporadic bluetooth issues with sound being distorted. Re-connecing fixes it in most cases, but sometimes the only thing that helps is to restart the SoundWear Companion.

Best regards,

Matthias

Hi there,

Thanks for getting back to me and for trying that.  I have another question - does this issue occur while paired with devices other than your Macbook? 

I hope that you have a great day!

Take care,

Shiloh 

Quiet Contributor

Hi Shiloh,

I tested on a Windows 10 laptop today and didn't have any issues. So it looks like it is related to macOS.

Best regards,

Matthias

Quiet Contributor

I have similar issues when connected to iPhone X. iOS 11.4.1 Easy to connect but after sometime on phone sound gets distorted. Have it for a week, it’s super annoying since I got them only for phones calls. Debating to return them back to the local Bose store where I got them.

Hi asingh2009,

Thanks for chiming in. I am so sorry to hear about that. Could I ask if you tried the troubleshooting steps offered by @Shiloh_C?

Regards,

Tony G - Community Support

Quiet Contributor

Here is what I have done.

1. Deleted all bluetooth devices on my iPhone X
2. Erased all BT devices on the Soundwear
3. Reset to default (multifunction button and Volume)

The speaker works fine for sometime and then  the distortion starts. While using iOS 11.3 this was not an issues, it happens since updated to iOS 11.4.1