How far away is the sound from the SoundWear Companion speaker audible to someone not using it?

SOLVED
Highlighted
Silent Starter

How far away is the sound from the SoundWear Companion speaker audible to someone not using it?

How far away from someone using the SoundWear Companion speaker is the sound from it audible to passersby or others in the room? I realize that may vary according to the level the sound is adjusted to, so I would appreciate some indication of the level and the distance from the user.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Friendly Fanatic

Re: How far away is the sound from the SoundWear Companion speaker audible to someone not using it?

Hi, how are you?
Sounds like you don't have them yet. Let me tell you a few things. First, everyone around you can hear what you're listening to. These aren't isolating headphones. They'll sound like pretty decent speakers to everyone within 50 feet of you! The thing is, they will sound much, much louder to you personally. They let you listen to music at volumes that would be prohibitive if you're among people. In other words, if you played regular speakers at the volume you're listening to these at, everyone around you (including next door neighbors!) would complain. These, at their highest personal volume, sound much lower to those around you, though they can still hear them quite plainly. It's a sonic trick Bose has mastered. But they'll still sound rather loud to others, just not nearly as loud as they'll sound to you personally. Hope that helps. Check them out in a store if you can or from a group like Amazon that will let you return them easily. Good luck!
2 REPLIES

Re: How far away is the sound from the SoundWear Companion speaker audible to someone not using it?

@deangott

Thanks for the post. That's a great question, but a difficult one. Different environments could produce different results. I would recommend contacting your local Bose store to see if they have a display model that you can try. Here is a link to the store locator.

Also, keep in mind that we offer a 30-day money back guarantee so you can try it out for yourself to see if its the right product for you.

Hope that helped

Tony

Friendly Fanatic

Hi, how are you?
Sounds like you don't have them yet. Let me tell you a few things. First, everyone around you can hear what you're listening to. These aren't isolating headphones. They'll sound like pretty decent speakers to everyone within 50 feet of you! The thing is, they will sound much, much louder to you personally. They let you listen to music at volumes that would be prohibitive if you're among people. In other words, if you played regular speakers at the volume you're listening to these at, everyone around you (including next door neighbors!) would complain. These, at their highest personal volume, sound much lower to those around you, though they can still hear them quite plainly. It's a sonic trick Bose has mastered. But they'll still sound rather loud to others, just not nearly as loud as they'll sound to you personally. Hope that helps. Check them out in a store if you can or from a group like Amazon that will let you return them easily. Good luck!