Is the Soundwear true stereo?

SOLVED
Silent Starter

Is the Soundwear true stereo?

Hello,

I read several infos and specs and never found any audio specifications which is very strange for an audio product (!)

Testing the SW on the BOSE display in our local store I got the impression that it wasn't stereo. Since it could also have been due the preselected demo tracks, here my direct question: Does the SW reproduces audio in stereo like a headphone or ist it rather mixed/meshed like in single boom-boxes?

Regards

Axxim

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Author Accepted Answer selected by Axxim

Accepted Solutions

Re: Is the Soundwear true stereo?

Hello Axxim! Thanks for posting and welcome to the Community.

Short answer: Yes! The SoundWear Companion uses the A2DP Bluetooth profile which allows your device to stream stereo audio giving your Companion left and right channel stereo separation. Hope that helps! 

Best Regards,

Greg - Community Support

5 REPLIES 5

Hello Axxim! Thanks for posting and welcome to the Community.

Short answer: Yes! The SoundWear Companion uses the A2DP Bluetooth profile which allows your device to stream stereo audio giving your Companion left and right channel stereo separation. Hope that helps! 

Best Regards,

Greg - Community Support

Silent Starter

Yes it helps since now I will proceed to order it Smiley Wink

Thank you.

Axxim,

My pleasure! Glad to assist. Enjoy your SoundWear Companion! If you have any other questions about it, we'll be here.

Best Regards,

Greg

Quiet Contributor

Then, what is the long answer?

My notebook, Thinkpad X1C, does not show stereo. Only 1 channel, 16 bit, 48K.

Highlighted

Hey @tonylin,

Can you please check to ensure the Soundwear has been configured to be used as a Stereo speaker? 

To check, please right click on the speaker icon on your taskbar, then click Sounds, then select the Playback tab. 

Click on the SoundWear Companion, then click the Configure button.

You should have two option in the box. Mono, or Stereo. Please choose Stereo. (You can click the Test button to ensure the left and right channels are individually receiving audio.)

Click Next, then Next again, then finally, Finish.

I hope this helps. 

Jeff G