SoundWear I'm having a problem being able to connect to my Windows 8 desktop.

Highlighted
Quiet Contributor

SoundWear I'm having a problem being able to connect to my Windows 8 desktop.

I'm having a problem being able to connect to my Windows 8 desktop.

I'm fairly familiar when it comes to setting it up. I have it connected to my Android and my Ipad Pro, so I know there's nothing wrong with it. (By the way, the sound quality is AWSUM.)

I've followed all of these instructions, I even went so far as to stop and restart the Bluetooth Service, but nothing happened.

I have it connected - I very clearly see that it is connected in the Bluetooth settings. But when I go to my playback devices in Sounds, the device itself is missing. There's nothing there. I've tried switching between devices on my bluetooth soundwear too just to see if it was among the connected devices, but it wasn't there either.

I've updated all of the drivers, including going through a manual Windows update, but again, I'm having problems with connecting.

I did go to my Devices and Printers, and I noticed that it popped up in an "unspecified" category, could this be my problem?

Any ideas/suggestions?

4 REPLIES

Re: SoundWear I'm having a problem being able to connect to my Windows 8 desktop.

Hello there, Vixeria!

Thank you for reaching out to us here. Sorry to hear about the difficulty you had connecting to your desktop, and I definitely appreciate the great troubleshooting you've done already.

Let's try clearing the Bluetooth list on the speaker and also completely remove the speaker from your desktop, and all the mobile devices.

To clear the speakers pairing list:

• Press and hold the Bluetooth button for 10 seconds or until you hear, "Bluetooth device list cleared". 

The speaker can be actively connected to two devices at one time. 

Let's try to pair with just your desktop and see if you can stream audio. 

Can you check back with an update when you get the chance?

Thank you again!

Mohsin - Community Support

Quiet Contributor

Re: SoundWear I'm having a problem being able to connect to my Windows 8 desktop.

Okay, I followed your directions. I went ahead and completely removed my Soundwear from my other devices, removed it from my computer, and re-installed it. Also deleted the list. Now, the soundwear is recognizable on the PC and is listed in the "Devices" category under "Devices and Printers" instead of in the "Other" category. However, it still does not appear in the "Playback Devices" in the volume settings.

I've tried turning off the device as well, to see if it would auto-connect, considering it's paired, but it just keeps repeating "Ready to Connect".

I would add some screenshots, but for some reason it won't let me. Something about invalid HTML.

@Vixeria thank you for getting back and trying the troubleshooting steps. I came across a few related articles from Microsoft's support pages that might help you get some additional ideas:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/2809153/sound-is-not-played-from-a-paired-bluetooth-audio-d...

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_8-hardware/bluetooth-speaker-pairing-but-n...

Can you verify that the Windows Bluetooth drivers and audio drivers are updated? I recommend reaching out directly to the manufacturer of the PC for the latest driver information. 

Let me know with an update when you get the chance. 

Thank you again,

Mohsin

Friendly Fanatic

Hi Vixeria, hope you're well. Just an observation and suggestion. I really liked Windows 8 (actually 8.1). It worked great on my Surface Pro 3. Was a ground breaking touch screen OS beyond anything else. But Windows 10 is so much better. Please, I urge you to go there and all your problems will end. If you liked Windows 8, you'll love Windows 10. Good luck!