Soundwear Companion Battery Charging Issue

kkr
Silent Starter

Soundwear Companion Battery Charging Issue

Hi Team,

I bought this in Dec'18 and I am quite happy with it as it is serving my purpose.

However, I am seeing the issue with Battery. Once get charged 100%, within 5-10mnts it coming down to 80%.

Once it is charged 100%, Turn On speaker it prompts 100%, then use it for 3-5mnts, and turn off, then on back, it says 90%, again listen for 3-5mnts, turnoff and turn it ON, it says 80%. From there it is stable as expected.

Not sure why this issue happening.

Any suggestions would be helpful

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Community Manager

Re: Soundwear Companion Battery Charging Issue

Hi kkr,

Thanks for posting on the Community!  Sorry to hear about the troubles, but would be happy to help!

• Since setting up the SoundWear Companion, have you been able to update them?  If not, I'd recommend connecting them to a PC and navigating to btu.bose.com.  Our latest update did fix a battery management issue which could be related to this false read.  
  • Also, are you connecting to an Android or Apple mobile device?  I know on Apple devices, you can actually check the battery level of the device by swiping left to right from the home screen.  I'm curious to see if this is synced with the voice prompt for battery levels. 

Let us know so we can further assist!

Warm Regards,

Tony A - Community Support 

kkr
Silent Starter

Thank you for your reply. I see there is update released a week ago, and I have updated it two days back. After that update, observed that it is still having issue but this time only from 100% to 90% within 2-3mnts by doing TurnOff and TurnOn back. I am using Apple Device. Both Voice Prompts and Device are syncup and updating same. I will check again in next recharge cycles and will let you know update

Hi Kkr, 

Many thanks for getting back in touch with us. It's great to hear that this may have resolved the issue somewhat. We look forward to hearing your update.

Many thanks

Leon_C - Community Support