Soundwear Companion Bluetooth call issues

SOLVED
Highlighted
Audible Advocate

Soundwear Companion Bluetooth call issues

I have been trying to use the Soundwear Companion as a speaker phone with my iPhone 6s.  I can hear the other party fine, but they constantly complain that my voice is coming in and out.  This has been a constant complaint since I got it 6 months ago and in a variety of environments.

Has anyone else experienced this?  Any tips to fix - one of the main reasons I got this device was for the bluetooth calling support.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Audible Advocate

Re: Soundwear Companion Bluetooth call issues

Due to the way we use the device, it has been difficult to adequately test use of a different device.  What I have done is update to the latest firmware, and it seems to have improved - though there are still times in almost every conversation where the other end will drop out for the middle of a sentence and have to repeat.  I will continue to look for a time to test with a different device and report back.

5 REPLIES

Hi thenebaneks,

Thanks for posting. Let's see what we can do to get this working right for you. The first thing I would ask is, Would it be possible for you to try the speaker on another mobile device for troubleshooting?

Please come back and let us know,

Tony - Community Support

Audible Advocate

Due to the way we use the device, it has been difficult to adequately test use of a different device.  What I have done is update to the latest firmware, and it seems to have improved - though there are still times in almost every conversation where the other end will drop out for the middle of a sentence and have to repeat.  I will continue to look for a time to test with a different device and report back.

@thenebaneks thank you for the update. Check back with us when you can!

Have a great weekend,

Mohsin

Audible Advocate

Still haven't been able to test with a different device sufficiently, but since the problem has pretty much gone with the firmware update I'm going to mark that as the solution.  Will post again if it returns.

@thenebaneks well that is good to know, glad to hear that it is working better for you. I appreciate that you came back to share this as well, as it might help other users in the community. 

Take care, 

Mohsin