Soundwear battery indicator/usage

Highlighted
Friendly Fanatic

Soundwear battery indicator/usage

I enjoy the Soundwear but haven't had much of a chance to use it, been battling multitudinous SoundTouch problems.

I charged up the Soundwear this morning to use this afternoon, since the latest SoundTouch firmware hosed all bluetooth connections to those speakers rendering them unlistenable to any bluetooth connected device. The Bose Connect and Soundwear device said "Battery 100%" when I turned it on and it connected to my iPhone.

I listened to Audible via bluetooth connection for roughly 10 minutes and the battery life on Bose Connect and when powering on/off the unit says 80%. 10 minutes of use?  80%?  This doesn't seem right.  There isn't any firmware update, and in fact whatever the last firmware update was I applied on this guy, but haven't used it much since.  

The battery life on this guy wasn't stellar to begin with but this seems like a problem. 

3 REPLIES

Re: Soundwear battery indicator/usage

Hi jerake75,

Thanks so much for reaching out to the community. I am so very sorry to hear that. Could I ask, have you tried restoring the speaker to factory defaults?

Restoring factory defaults is the only reset for this speaker. Follow these steps:

Note: A factory reset clears connected devices and language settings from your speaker and returns it to the original factory settings. 

• Turn the speaker on
  • Press and hold the Multi-function button and Volume - button for 10 seconds
  • Once complete, the Bluetooth indicator flashes blue and a voice prompt prompts to select a language

Kind regards,

Tony G - Community Support

Friendly Fanatic

I factory reset it as suggested.

I let it charge overnight on the Bose charger that came with the unit.

I turned the unit on, it said battery 100%.  Less than one minute after playing audio - I timed it - less than ONE MINUTE - the battery was down to 90% per the Bose connect app.  I turned the unit off and on, and it said 90%.

This is relatively new, just purchased...I suppose I should let the battery wear down to see if it's truly cosmetic or if the battery is malfunctioning, but I'm tired of troubleshooting Bose products without being on the Q&A payroll.  It's too bad, I really liked the Soundwear.

Hi jerake75,

Thanks for responding. I am so sorry, I know that can be frustrating. If you could try letting the battery completely discharge and recharging and see if that helps? If not, I would encourage you to contact your local Bose support for assistance in getting a replacement. Here is a link you can use. Click on your country, scroll down to "Contact Us".

Kind Regards,

Tony