Soundwear playback pauses intermittently/randomly

Highlighted
Quiet Contributor

Soundwear playback pauses intermittently/randomly

This thing has never worked well. Music playback randomly pauses for little clicks or long pauses, always starts up by itself again. The playback is actually paused/un-paused, not muted while the music plays on (know what I mean?). I did just recently update the firmware and I also tried clearing the 'connected device history' list - twice.

One thing I'm noticing just now, however, is that it plays just fine sitting here on my nightstand. It seems it only skips when I'm wearing it and moving around. Hmmm.

What's next Bose? I need to get this (or its replacement) up and running in time for ski season. This thing rocks the slopes WAY better than earbuds or a big speaker I'm waiting to land on and break my femur ugh.

- Denver Jeff

2 REPLIES

Re: Soundwear playback pauses intermittently/randomly

Hi jeffspc88mx,

Thanks for posting.  I am so sorry to hear that. Have you tried resetting the speaker? 

Restoring factory defaults is the only reset for this speaker. Follow these steps:

Note: A factory reset clears connected devices and language settings from your speaker and returns it to the original factory settings. 

1. Turn the speaker on
  2. Press and hold the Multi-function button and Volume - button for 10 seconds
  3. Once complete, the Bluetooth indicator flashes blue and a voice prompt prompts to select a language

If that doesn't help I would contact your local Bose support for assistance. Here is a link you can use. Click on your country, scroll down to "Contact Us".

Regards,

Tony G - Community Support

Quiet Contributor

Re: Soundwear playback pauses intermittently/randomly

Thanks Tony - It still skips after the factory reset. I'll follow up with that link you provided.