Highlighted
nalin007
Silent Starter
Registered since

Dec 11, 2018

Three lights no charging no power on

Hi ,
Got the soundwear last night.
Charged it for 3 hours. Only 3 lights are steady , it's not powering on.. Tried resetting with multifunction and volume down button but to no avail.
Looking for suggestions and guidance here community fellow members
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Tarheels4life
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Apr 5, 2019

Re: Three lights no charging no power on

Bose Best Answer selected by Moderator Jeff_G
I found out that it's the firmware. If the device has not been turned on in a while it goes into protective mode. 1- Go to Bose soundwear update.com. 2- download the file and be aware of the file location. 3- Once you have the file downloaded, plug the USB cable into the device. 4- Open the saved file and follow the prompts. 5- when told to do so,plug the USB cable into the computer and the program will detect the device and start the firmware update. After the update of the device is finished you will have to charge the device and then you are ready to enjoy your Bose Soundwear.
I hope this helps
19 REPLIES 19

Hi nalin007,

Thanks for writing into the community, and sorry to hear about the trouble you're having. For clarification, you removed the SoundWear from the box and tried to power it on and it would not? Normally, these would have some battery life out of the box. 

Do you see any lights coming from the Bluetooth LED?

It is possible for you to try a different USB charger and cable to see how that helps? 

Let us know when you get a moment. 

Thank you again,

Mohsin - Community Support

IBKB24
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Dec 25, 2018

I HAVE THE SAME PROBLEM. PLEASE HELP
IBKB24
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Dec 25, 2018

Without being plugged in to a charger, I get no lights. With the charger in I get 3 white lights, no lights by the Bluetooth button.

Jardon
Silent Starter
Registered since

Dec 25, 2018

Merry christmas and same 3 lights not blinking and not charging on my soundware. It is the 25 so Bose support is closed. If anyone got suggestions, even if I have to return the product I appreciate you.
Jardon
Silent Starter
Registered since

Dec 25, 2018

Same issue and yes is the battery indicator white LED lights. Tried another cable and no change to issue
LAJ
Silent Starter
Registered since

Dec 25, 2018

I'm having the same problem.
Neopsy
Wistful Whisperer
Registered since

Dec 25, 2018

This is a little frustrating, I had this thing laying under the tree for almost a month, I was really excited to open it today and try it. Stuck with the same solid 3 white lights when I plug in the charger, no blinking, no amount of holding the power button or anything else works. Any help here would be greatly appreciated. 

Neopsy
Wistful Whisperer
Registered since

Dec 25, 2018

Also, I am little concerned that this request here hasn't been resolved for over a month. https://community.bose.com/t5/SoundWear-Companion-Speaker/Three-lights-no-charging-no-power-on/td-p/...

atxguy512
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Dec 25, 2018

Hi.  I had the same issue... 3 solid lights and SoundWears were not charging.  I resorted to running the Bose Software Updates (https://btu.bose.com).  Do not have your SoundWears plugged into the machine (make sure they are unplugged).  Download and install the Software Updater.  The webpage will change once the software is installed.  Now scroll down to the Bose SoundWear Icon and click on it.  You will then be prompted to plug in your SoundWears.  On mine, the Updater installed the latest version (Version 2.6.0).  Once the software was updated, I had 1 blinking light!!!!  I've left it plugged in and now I have have 2.5 blinking lights... so it looks to be working.  Fingers crossed!  

Hope this helps.  🙂