jasfree
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Oct 4, 2018

Another Frustrating Moment with a Bose App

My wife purchased a pair of Sleepbuds on Saturday, the 08th of December 2018.

After opening the box and Charging the sleepbuds she tries them on. Nothing Happens!

Instructions says download Bose sleep App, downloaded fine to iphone 7.

Start app.

Searching for Sleeps buds.

We're still looking for your sleepbuds.

if they don't show up, try this:

1. Remove the sleepbuds from the charging case to power them on. Did this, didn't work.

2. Make sure they're within 30 ft. of this device. Device is in my hand, and my hand is not longer that 30 ft.

3. Connect the case to power, then place the sleepbuds in the case and remove them again. Did this too,                still  didn't work.

So, now I'm here in the forum, and see several suggestions that say:

•     Call customer support

Wait a minute, it's a brand new product and it doesn't work out of the box. Would you buy a brand new car and take it in for repairs, because something is not working. I think not! You would request that you money be returned.

Bose, does you company do any Quality Assurance for your applications?

My suggestion to my wife is to take it back to the store and get her money back. Why? Because it didn't work out of the box. Then, there are no reliable instructions to get the friggin earphones working.

According to the charging case, the sleepbuds are fully charged. However, no matter what device I use, there are no sleepbuds showing up as a bluetooth device.

H

14 REPLIES 14
jasfree
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Oct 4, 2018

Re: Another Frustrating Moment with a Bose App

Has anyone gotten the sleep buds working with an iphone 7?

If so, could you please post it here?

Thank you for your assistance

c3ll4r_d00r
Vocal Volunteer
Registered since

Oct 12, 2018

That's a common issue - had mine for months and some nights still putting them in and out of the case over and over, sometimes restarting or force stopping the app, etc until they connect. Other nights they'll connect straight away. Support team are able to replace them but some users are reporting issues with their replacement pairs as well. Bose - how about you update us on your actual fixing of the root cause of these issues, rather than customers taking a gamble with a replacement and potentially waiting two weeks for another duff pair?
mowsley
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Nov 21, 2018

I'm having the "still looking for..." problem less with the latest app update. Not sure why it wouldn't be seeing them at all though. Usually I'd have the case plugged in, return the earbuds to the case, close it for about 5-10 seconds, then take them back out and they pair up fine. Also need to move fast once you open the app, if you want too long sometimes it doesn't find them. Just wait for it to say "searching" and taking them out the case works for me
c3ll4r_d00r
Vocal Volunteer
Registered since

Oct 12, 2018

Oh I usually take the buds out before opening the app.

Hey Jasfree,

Thanks for writing into the community. We’re sorry to hear about the experience you’re having with your Sleepbuds so far. We can understand this can cause some frustration, but we are here to help you. 

There have been a few firmware releases recently so let’s be sure your charging case up-to-date by visiting the Bose Updater Site(btu.bose.com). Instructions are available on the site to help with updating. When possible, please share the firmware version with us.

After that, please try placing the Sleepbuds back inside the case let them charge for about 10 minutes. 

On your phone, please close out the Bose Sleep app so it is not running in the background. Remove the Sleepbuds from the case and re-open to the Sleep app. The connecting process should begin immediately. 

Let us know if this helps when you get the chance. 

Thank you again,

Mohsin – Community Support

mowsley
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Nov 21, 2018

@c3ll4r_d00r wrote:

Oh I usually take the buds out before opening the app.

It shouldn't make a difference but all those times I already had them in my ears and they weren't detected got too annoying for me.

jasfree
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Oct 4, 2018

According to the Firmware update (btu.bose.com) page, the firmware is Version 2.00.00 and is up to date.

Sleepbuds are still not seen.

I have turned my Iphone off and back on.

Uninstall the sleepbud app.

reinstall the sleepbud app.

And it tells me everytime that my sleepbuds cannot be found.

I install the app on an iPad, the same results.

Everyother bluetooth device is found by my tablet and phone, but not the sleepbuds.

@jasfree Hey, thank you for getting back. Sorry, that did not help much. Just for clarification, Sleepbuds are removed from the case? 

Check back when you can, 

Thanks again,

Mohsin

jasfree
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Oct 4, 2018

yes, the sleepbuds were removed 8-{.