tinaliz
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Mar 9, 2019

App won't connect to sleep buds

I have followed every piece of advice -- I've updated firmware, tried three devices (iphone, ipad, android tablet), deleted and restored the bose app, turned my bluetooth off and on, turned my phone off and on, charged the buds fully, removed them from the case, put them back in the case, reset the case... let's face it, it's the buds.

I have had these five months and almost every time I go to use them, it's a chore to reconnect, but it's never been impossible. These need to be replaced. I've only had them five months and this is not the peaceful wellness product I was promised.

Your customer service on Saturday is abysmal (really, how can I be "fifth in the queue" for an hour?) and you have no email address that I can find anywhere or place to make a warranty claim. Please make this right -- I shouldn't have to spend two hours trying to navigate your website and making phone calls without solving the problem at all.

7 REPLIES 7

Re: App won't connect to sleep buds

Hi Tina! 

Thanks for reaching out and welcome to the community! 

I'm sorry to hear of the issues you are experiencing with your Sleepbuds and the difficulty you have been having. 

I would be happy to assist you with this. As it appears you have tried all the troubleshooting I would recommend, send me a private message with your serial number and I will see what we can do for you!

I look forward to hearing from you!

Jessie_O - Community Support

bowtie_nut@att.nut
Silent Starter
Registered since

Mar 12, 2019

I am having the same issue with connection, I have my buds about two weeks and they are very difficult to get connected and stay connected. I thought with the Bose name it be quality now I wonder if I made a mistake.

Jack

Hello Jack, 

Thank you for reaching out to the community, Sorry to hear that you are having issues with your Sleepbuds. 

I would recommend that you check the sleepbuds and the charging case are up-to-date. The charging case can be updated by connecting the case to your computer with a micro-USB cable. Visit btu.Bose.com and download the Bose updater to see if an update for the charging case is available.

You can also try these steps to make sure they are connecting correctly: 

Place the sleepbuds in the charging case making sure they are seated in the case correctly. Wait for the sleepbuds' charging lights to slowly blink white then remove them from the charging case and try connecting them to your device again

Make sure the sleepbuds are sufficiently charged

On your device, turn off Bluetooth® and then turn it back on again. Try connecting again

On your device, toggle Airplane mode on then off. Try connecting again

Close the Bose Sleep app and reopen it

On iOS, double tap the Home button, and swipe away the Sleep app

On an Android device, press the Recents button and swipe away the Sleep app

Reboot your mobile device

Should that not solve the issue, I would recommend getting in contact with your local technical support team, you can find their details by clicking Here.
Select your region and then scroll down to the bottom of the page and select "Contact Us" to find the details. 

Hope this helps 
Kind regards 

Liam G - Community Support

tinaliz
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Mar 9, 2019

I've replied in a private message with the requested information, and haven't heard back. This is supposed to be a quality product and right now it's an expensive doorstop. These will not connect at all.

tinaliz
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Mar 9, 2019

Wow. Just received an email asking if my problem has been solved, which it hasn't, and this is the response I received. 

Screen Shot 2019-03-17 at 13.55.42.png

I'm so disappointed in both the quality of this product and the uneven customer support. I've tried calling numerous times only to be put into "hold limbo" for extended periods; i.e., when I call and hear that I'm 5th in queue and 45 minutes later am still 5th in queue, I figure there is no one on the other end of the line. To add insult to injury, the warranty system online doesn't recognize my S/N, so I can't file a claim.

I see numerous similar complaints on this community board -- is there a plan to recall the sleepbuds? They were a great idea when they worked, but they don't. How do I either put in a warranty claim or request a refund for this defective product? 
tinaliz
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Mar 9, 2019

THIS IS INSANE. Bose can spend time changing my "non-conforming username"(that the system assigned me) but has now locked me out of the private messages feature I need to get my product fixed, all emails bounce, and no one answers the phone. So I now have a conforming username but my sleepbuds are still broken and I can't contact anyone at Bose who is trying to help.

Thanks, Bose, you're killing it on this one.

Community Manager

Hi tinaliz,

I am really sorry that you have been unable to send us a private message. This was due to an internal change to our board. I have now sent you another private message (from the Community admin), to which you will be able to respond.

I look forward to hearing from you so this can be resolved for you as soon as possible.

Warm regards,

Anne S - Community Support