Highlighted
BeggarRN
Silent Starter
Registered since

Sep 28, 2017

Bluetooth Transmitter for Hearphones

I just got my new Hearphones and I *almost* love them... but not quite...

In addition to my profound hearing loss and my uber-respect for Bose as a audio company, my decision to pop the $500 for these Hearphones was driven by my desire to link them via Bluetooth to my nifty Thinklabs ONE digital stethoscope. The ONE itself lacks inherent BT capability but a BT transmitter should do the trick. I tried a TaoTronics TT-BA07 transmitter but it was a failure. I heard limited sounds which were muffled and noticeably delayed from the stethoscope head.

Perhaps this is because the transmitter is a low-latency aptX device or perhaps it's another reason... I'm in over my head with all this talk about Codecs, BT protocols, etc. If someone could simply suggest a good transmitter that they're using successfully with their Hearphones, I'd much obliged.

Kindest regards to any who might take the time to read this post.

9 REPLIES 9
Community Manager

Re: Bluetooth Transmitter for Hearphones

Hi BeggarRN,

Congratulations on getting your new Hearphones and thank you for joining our community.

It's always interesting to hear how people are using their Hearphones. I don't think anyone has mentioned using an electronic stethoscope.

I found this article Bluetooth Transmitters and One and it looks like this should work.  The aptX support in the transmitter should not be an issue. 

Let's try to isolate the problem.

Have you tried your Hearphones with a different Bluetooth device like a phone, tablet or computer?  If you get good results with other devices then there may be an issue with the TaoTronics TT-BA07 transmitter.  

Have you tried the TaoTronics TT-BA07 transmitter with a different device like connecting it to the headphone output of your phone, tablet or computer? How does it sound?

Have you tried the One + TaoTronics TT-BA07 transmitter with a different Bluetooth receiver capable device like a different Bluetooth headset or Bluetooth loudspeaker?

Please let us know what you hear if you can try these different hardware combinations.

Thanks,

ST

tomob
Silent Starter
Registered since

Nov 4, 2017

I have had the same problem. I find no instructions for pairing the Hearphones with a device that does not have a display. I was told by your telephone support guy that it cannot be done, but it seems this is not accurate. Can you please furnish instructions? It appears a lot of people have this problem, and it is seems unlikely that the transmitting device is the issue, it is a problem getting the devices to pair up, specifically knowing what to do at the hearphones side of the transaction.

Fabulous product. Changed my mother's life, but it does not work so well for the TV, for some odd reason. Yes, I have tried with the app,

10/4/17

RLCHURCH
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Nov 2, 2017

I have successfully paired my hearphone with this inexpensive transmitter.  

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00RHKYX7W/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Community Manager

Hi @tomob

Thank you for joining the Bose Hearphones Community. I'm glad you're here.  I'm sorry you are having trouble pairing your Bluetooth transmitter with your Hearphones.

I have been able to connect a Bluetooth transmitter to my Hearphones. Here are some generic instructions.

1. Turn off Bluetooth on other devices nearby. This should not be absolutely necessary, but I have found that it seems to help.
  2. Put the Bluetooth transmitter into pairing mode:
    Press the Bluetooth button (the only button) on the transmitter, until the light flashes. This indicates the transmitter is in Bluetooth pairing mode. Other similar devices flash red/blue or red/red.
  3. Put the Hearphones in pairing mode:
    While the Hearphones are on, press and hold the power button until you hear "Ready to Pair". You may hear three beeps, keep holding the button. It will say "Ready to Pair" shortly after the beeps.
  4. Wait (this can take up to a several minutes)
    1. Until the light on the transmitter stops flashing and turns a solid color
    2. The Hearphones should announce that it has connected to the transmitter

The particular unit was private branded, and I don't know the name of the manufacturer. I can't recommend this specific device. But in the absence of documentation to the contrary, this is how I would attempt to pair a Bluetooth transmitter to my Hearphones.

Please let us know if this helps.  If it doesn't, please post a link to the owner's guide for your Bluetooth transmitter.

Thanks,

ST

RLCHURCH
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Nov 2, 2017

Here is another bluetooth transmitter that works with the Bose Hearphone.  https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01H6I3YGK/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I learned through trial an error that many of the "new" bluetooth transmitters only work on the "low latency" codec.  That isn't supported by Bose.  You need to check to ensure your transmitter supports the SBC codec.  

lkingston
Animated Arbiter
Registered since

Nov 14, 2017

Does this mean that you can’t use a Bluetooth transmitter without a substantial audio delay?  I was hoping to use it for monitoring an instrument I was playing, but it sounds like that probably isn’t practical.

Community Manager

Hi @lkingston,

We've had a good discussion about using

Hearphones as Monitors.

Please follow the link.

Thanks,

ST

RLCHURCH
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Nov 2, 2017

I don't find a noticable delay using the Bose hearphones on my TV.  I'm routing the audio signal via optical connection to a higher end bluetooth transmitter.  

lkingston
Animated Arbiter
Registered since

Nov 14, 2017

With video/audio sync our ears and eyes are pretty forgiving.  35 ms plus is really no big deal.  With a musician playing an instrument and responding to the music around him/her, it is completely different.  I notice (but can live with) as much as 10 ms latency (which is typical for a computer recording setup), but beyond that it is very difficult for the delay not to make it unpleasant if not impossible to play.