Collaborator
Registered since

May 19, 2017

Re: Bose Sleepbuds Delay

I have the same issue.

19 out of 20 times the left bud (which I assume is master) starts playing 0,5-1 seconds before the Right bud.

The few times that it does start simultaneously, its great. It adds a whole new depth to the sounds, as if they are playing in your head, rather than in the ears. Sadly, it rarely works.
The best way to ensure a sync is to use disconnected mode and remove them from the case at the same time.

But for 300 bucks, this shouldnt happen. But it seems to me its a design flaw. This is just how they operate with the Bluetooth signals.

If it was possible to add a delay to the left bud to compensate for the right, it could be a workaround. But that will never happen.

@jamespaulley

Thats a great observation. It doesnt resolve the problem, but it sure makes a difference!

Ill keep juggling tracks permanently. It seems to keep the connection more responsive, even whith a paused transfer. 
Bose dev team should take note of this.

Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 15, 2016

Hi all,

Thanks for chiming in. I just wanted to verify that if you are having problems with your Sleepbuds that you have you have tried:

If these steps do not help, I would contact your local Sleepbuds support team for help. Here is a link you can use. Click on your region, scroll down until you see "Contact Us."

Regards,

Tony G - Community Support​​​​​​​

Collaborator
Registered since

May 19, 2017

Yes Ive tried those steps without success. Look, this is not an isolated issue. Many people have this problem, but most wont bother coming here. They just refund or simply doesnt reflect on the issue.

Your support process wont fix this issue since it is a design flaw, fixable possibly with a software update. So I wont waste time with it. Thats why Im writing here to let you know of the real issue instead, hoping for a proper solution to be developed.

Enthusiast
Registered since

Sep 21, 2018

It would be really nice if Bose could give us some info about the progress, or lack thereof, on fixing this issue, instead of just the same troubleshooting steps about resetting the case and updating the app. Support staff; I know you're just trying to help and for many other issues the troubleshooting steps probably do help, but this is a very specific hardware and software issue with Android devices that needs to be addressed by the Bose engineers.