djdjdj
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Jun 26, 2018

Bose sleepbuds Q

I would like to ask, does Bose sleepbuds contain noise cancellation technology? Is sound insulation better than the Q35, assuming no music? How is the effect of using on the train?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Re: Bose sleepbuds Q

Author Accepted Answer selected by djdjdj

Hello there, djdjdj, 

Thank you for reaching out to the community, and that's a great question! The Bose noise-masking sleepbuds do not use any noise cancellation technology. They combine passive blocking of sleep-disturbing sounds with a choice of sounds engineered to mask what is not blocked by the eartips.

The Noise cancellation technology like in the QC35 headset, is most effective in environments with lots of low-frequency sound (airliners, buses, etc). 

In the Sleepbuds, masking works because of the way different sounds combine in our inners ears. If they have the right match of frequencies and one (the masking sound) is just enough louder than another (the disturbing sound), your inner ear and brain cannot detect the disturbing sound.

Hope that helps. Let me know if you have any other questions. 

Thank you again,

Mohsin - Community Support

6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted

Author Accepted Answer selected by djdjdj

Hello there, djdjdj, 

Thank you for reaching out to the community, and that's a great question! The Bose noise-masking sleepbuds do not use any noise cancellation technology. They combine passive blocking of sleep-disturbing sounds with a choice of sounds engineered to mask what is not blocked by the eartips.

The Noise cancellation technology like in the QC35 headset, is most effective in environments with lots of low-frequency sound (airliners, buses, etc). 

In the Sleepbuds, masking works because of the way different sounds combine in our inners ears. If they have the right match of frequencies and one (the masking sound) is just enough louder than another (the disturbing sound), your inner ear and brain cannot detect the disturbing sound.

Hope that helps. Let me know if you have any other questions. 

Thank you again,

Mohsin - Community Support

djdjdj
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Jun 26, 2018

thank you, Mohsin, have a good day.

@djdjdj you are welcome! Thank you, and you as well.

Mohsin

Brm932
Animated Arbiter
Registered since

Mar 7, 2018

Yeah no noise cancelling.. I bought these for my wife as my snoring causes her to repeatedly kick me throughout the night. Was excited for her to finally try these, but apparently they are no match for me lol. She said she can definitely still hear me snoring enough to wake her, and turning the volume up any higher would be too loud for her. She also said she wakes up with pain in her ears in the morning after wearing these. She did say they really do help her to fall asleep though.

Although we had high hopes for these, we will probably end up returning. I might give them a try myself beforehand though.

@Brm932 Hello there, thank you for joining us and sharing your feedback. It is concerning to hear that your wife experiences this after using the sleepbuds. Please contact our direct number for support to further discuss. The phone is number (800) 905-1273. 

Thank you again,

Mohsin

Bose_C
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Sep 13, 2018

Thank you, this really helps me out since I’m planning on getting it