cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JJB
Contributor
Registered since

Mar 31, 2017

Can Bluetooth be turned off on Hearphones?

I work in an environment in which I am not able to have anything with a radio signal (no WiFi, Bluetooth, NFC, etc.)  Is it possible to shut off bluetooth completely?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
ST - Hearphones
Community Manager - Retired
Registered since

Dec 23, 2016

Re: Can Bluetooth be turned off on Hearphones?

Author Accepted Answer selected by JJB

Hi JJB,

I checked with our engineering team. The Bluetooth radio in Hearphones is always on. There's no way to turn it off while the Hearphones are powered on. They may not be suitable for work.

The Bose QC35 has a Bluetooth radio that can be disabled. There are both Bluetooth and wired connections. When you insert the wired connector it turns off the radio. Hearphones doesn' t have a  wired connection or the option to turn off Bluetooth.

Thanks for the interesting question.

ST

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
ST - Hearphones
Registered since

Dec 23, 2016

Hi JJB,

Thank you for joining the Hearphones Community.  That's an interesting question. I don't think there's a way turn off Bluetooth but I'll check with our engineering team and get more information.

Thanks for taking the time to write.

ST

ST - Hearphones
Registered since

Dec 23, 2016

Author Accepted Answer selected by JJB

Hi JJB,

I checked with our engineering team. The Bluetooth radio in Hearphones is always on. There's no way to turn it off while the Hearphones are powered on. They may not be suitable for work.

The Bose QC35 has a Bluetooth radio that can be disabled. There are both Bluetooth and wired connections. When you insert the wired connector it turns off the radio. Hearphones doesn' t have a  wired connection or the option to turn off Bluetooth.

Thanks for the interesting question.

ST

View solution in original post

noktoxic
Participant
Registered since

Jun 6, 2018

Interesting,

If I have the bluetooth off on my cell and am using the hearphones just as a Conversation Enhanser, do they emit less EMF as if it was connected to my cell or would it be the same? 

Thanks,

CS

Pacerintl
Enthusiast
Registered since

Apr 5, 2018

Not suitable for work...time for a new job. 

You can always get another job, there is nothing else out there that does what Bose Hear Phones does.

ST - Hearphones
Registered since

Dec 23, 2016

Hi noktoxic,

I'm sorry it took so long to get back to your question.

The state of your phone doesn't necessarily control the Bluetooth activity on your Hearphones.

There is safety and regulatory information in the Bose Hearphones Owners Guide (second page).

ST