Highlighted
Murrydog
Strident Supporter
Registered since

Nov 2, 2018

Do no harm

I love my hear phones! I wear them full time only taking them off to charge or sleep. When I take them off to charge the world is so quite.  I am not sure it is quieter than when I it was before I started wearing them but it seems so.  Is it possible to damage your hearing by wearing the hear phone all the time?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Community Manager

Re: Do no harm

Author Accepted Answer selected by Murrydog

Hi Murrydog,

I am delighted that you are enjoying and getting so much use from your Bose Hearphones. And thank you for your question. 

@Murrydog wrote:

I love my hear phones! I wear them full time only taking them off to charge or sleep. When I take them off to charge the world is so quite.  I am not sure it is quieter than when I it was before I started wearing them but it seems so.  Is it possible to damage your hearing by wearing the hear phone all the time?

It is possible to damage your hearing by exposing your ears to sounds that are too loud for too long.  To avoid hearing damage, use your Bose Hearphones at a comfortable, moderate volume level.  Everyone’s ears and environment are different, so what is appropriate for you may be different than for others.

We cannot say what is the right level for you – that is something you need to determine yourself.  Bose Hearphones can apply gain or noise cancelation to sounds around you. Your exposure depends on whether you are listening for birds in the woods or at the front of a rock concert. Bose Hearphones amplify soft sounds but not very loud sounds.   If you have any concerns, we suggest seeking professional guidance from your physician or an audiologist. 

Sincerely,

ST

3 REPLIES 3
jimgfitz
Noisy Narrator
Registered since

Oct 18, 2017

Re: Due no harm

Do no harm, not due no harm.

Murrydog
Strident Supporter
Registered since

Nov 2, 2018

Re: Due no harm

Thanks for the spell check!

Community Manager

Re: Do no harm

Author Accepted Answer selected by Murrydog

Hi Murrydog,

I am delighted that you are enjoying and getting so much use from your Bose Hearphones. And thank you for your question. 

@Murrydog wrote:

It is possible to damage your hearing by exposing your ears to sounds that are too loud for too long.  To avoid hearing damage, use your Bose Hearphones at a comfortable, moderate volume level.  Everyone’s ears and environment are different, so what is appropriate for you may be different than for others.

We cannot say what is the right level for you – that is something you need to determine yourself.  Bose Hearphones can apply gain or noise cancelation to sounds around you. Your exposure depends on whether you are listening for birds in the woods or at the front of a rock concert. Bose Hearphones amplify soft sounds but not very loud sounds.   If you have any concerns, we suggest seeking professional guidance from your physician or an audiologist. 

Sincerely,

ST