jamespaulley
Enthusiast
Registered since

Sep 21, 2018

Ear ridge aching

Hi, every morning when I wake after using sleepbuds (had them for one week) my ear ridge and the surrounding sensitive foldy area is aching/hurting. Do I need to go down to size M (currently on size L), or will my ears get used to the pain over time? It feels like the tip of the "wing" is pressing up and in to my ear ridge quite firmly, and I guess after a whole night this becomes pain. Size M has fallen out of my ear before, that was partly why I went up to size L.

Is there anything else I could be doing wrong, like rotating them backwards too far?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Mohsin_S
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 15, 2016

Re: Ear ridge aching

Author Accepted Answer selected by Mohsin_S

Hi jamespaulley

Thank you for keeping in touch with the community. We're sorry to hear that you're experiencing some discomfort. Can you feel the wing of the ear tip sticks out a little? The wing should fit under your ear ridge without being compressed. Try the M or L again tonight and here are few steps to keep in mind: 

-  Place the umbrella portion (bottom section) of the ear tip into your ear canal and press the Sleepbud until it’s flush with your ear. 

- Tuck the ear tip wing under your ear ridge to secure it into place. 

- Hold the bud portion only, and gently rotate it backward and down in a smooth motion, moving the Sleepbud slightly further into your ear canal’s opening to create a seal. 

Can you let me know with an update when you get the chance? 

Thank you again,

Mohsin - Community Support

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Mohsin_S
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 15, 2016

Author Accepted Answer selected by Mohsin_S

Hi jamespaulley

Thank you for keeping in touch with the community. We're sorry to hear that you're experiencing some discomfort. Can you feel the wing of the ear tip sticks out a little? The wing should fit under your ear ridge without being compressed. Try the M or L again tonight and here are few steps to keep in mind: 

-  Place the umbrella portion (bottom section) of the ear tip into your ear canal and press the Sleepbud until it’s flush with your ear. 

- Tuck the ear tip wing under your ear ridge to secure it into place. 

- Hold the bud portion only, and gently rotate it backward and down in a smooth motion, moving the Sleepbud slightly further into your ear canal’s opening to create a seal. 

Can you let me know with an update when you get the chance? 

Thank you again,

Mohsin - Community Support

View solution in original post

jamespaulley
Enthusiast
Registered since

Sep 21, 2018

Thanks. The wing of the L fits under my ridge, it doesn't stick out, but I guess maybe it's just a tiny bit too big and it's pressing too hard against my ear ridge? Will Bose offer a size in between M and L?

I went back down to M last night and had no pain in the morning.

Your steps are helpful, thanks. 

Mohsin_S
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 15, 2016

@jamespaulley Thanks for the feedback. The three different size ear tips are currently what we have available. I will pass the information along to our development team. 

Thank you again,

Mohsin