Highlighted
Silent Starter
Registered since

Apr 1, 2018

Earphone Sizing - The „Small“ is too Large.

I own a few pairs of QuietControl 30 noise canceling headphones as well as a couple pair of the prior (non bluetooth) noise canceling headphones. Though I am an average size adult male without pathologic deformity, I have precisely the same issue. My ear canals are too small for the size ‚Small‘ earbud covers. One or both constantly fall out; will not seat properly in my ears; are uncomfortable when positioned in my ears.
This obviates the value of Bose headphone technology. I would gladly pay for earbud covers that fit my ears.
Questions:
- Does Bose currrently make or market an earbud cover for their headphones that fits people with extra small ear canals? How does one purchase these?

- If Bose does not, is Bose aware of someone who does? Would Bose provide information on how one could purchase these?

- If Bose does not make, market, or have imminent plans to do so; could Bose assist in identifying a vendor/source for these?

For your consideration:
It would be helpful to have some indication on packaging regarding the ear canal size for which Bose headphones are suitable. This information may set accurate customer expectations, decrease customer disappointment after purchase.
Thank You!

5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Community Manager

Re: Earphone Sizing - The „Small“ is too Large.

Hi Smallears,

Thank you for joining the Bose Hear Community.

I'm sorry our current StayHear+ Tips don't work for you.

Questions:
- Does Bose currrently make or market an earbud cover for their headphones that fits people with extra small ear canals?

- If Bose does not, is Bose aware of someone who does? Would Bose provide information on how one could purchase these?

- If Bose does not make, market, or have imminent plans to do so; could Bose assist in identifying a vendor/source for these?

- - We're exploring options but we can't comment on things that may be in development. In the meantime, we aren't aware of another solution.

I'm sorry we don't have better news right now.

If you have Bose Hearphones, please call us at Bose Hearphones Support 1-800-761-2673 to arrange to return your Hearphones.

Thank you.

ST

Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Jun 1, 2017

Hi Small Ears

I ended up using a pair of earbud covers that came from a different Bose noise canceling set I had hanging around. It isn't perfect but at least they dont fall out of my ears anymore. I dont know why these would be a bit smaller but they are. 

Scema65

Highlighted
Community Manager

To All,

If you are having trouble fitting your Hearphones, please check out the video and notes on this page.

Fitting Hearphones

There's  little step where you can rotate the earpiece forward and this can help to secure the fit. I've been doing this for so long, it's become natural. But before I learned to do it, the Hearphones didn't feel secure.

ST

Highlighted
Silent Starter
Registered since

Apr 1, 2018

This is unfortunate. I am returning my hearphones and quietcontrol because the “small” earphone is too large. This seems like an avoidable outcome. Surely, the earpiece size issue - the small being too large- is something that Bose (assuming that Bose has decided not to produce a smaller earpiece) could address by identifying a suitable vendor.
You say that Bose does not comment on development. It seems that this is precisely the place to comment (obviously, in a commercially appropriate manner) on development. Wouldn’t any discussion of opportunity regarding Bose products suggest a need/ desire/ interest in Bose’s addressing that opportunity - i.e. through development of product or service? The position or policy of ‘not commenting on development’ would seem to diminish the value of this community/ site substantially.
Highlighted
Community Manager

Hi Smallears,

I'm sorry the eartips for our products are not suitable for you.

I appreciate your thoughts about "commenting on development."  We are always exploring ways to make our products better. One of the reasons we don't talk about those explorations is: not all paths lead to an outcome that you, our customers will see.  We don't want to get your hopes up about things that may not turn out to be possible. 

Sincerely,

ST