Highlighted
Animated Arbiter
Registered since

Mar 24, 2017

Re: Problems updating to firmware version 1.4.1

I wasn't able to isolate what was making the update unsuccessful; it just seemed like the download completed after several tries.

Highlighted
Community Manager

To All:

I've just updated the announcement at the top of this thread. It now includes these tips from our service team.

For best results, please follow these steps to ensure your Hearphones stay connected to the phone or tablet running the Bose Hear app.

• Charge your Hearphones to 100% before you install updates
  • Disconnect your Hearphones from the charger, make sure it is on, and place it beside your phone or tablet.
  • Use the Bose Hear app Settings to set auto off to NEVER. You can put it back to your preferred setting after the update.
  • Keep the Bose Hear app in the foreground on your phone or tablet. It's okay if it's running in the background but if you close it or force-quit this update will have to start over when you start the app again.
  • Keep your Hearphones beside the phone or tablet during the update. This can take up to an hour in total. We're doing this to maintain a good connection. Otherwise, you could walk out of range or encounter interference that can break the connection and force the process to restart.
  • Check back after an hour to see if the update has completed.
Highlighted
Animated Arbiter
Registered since

Mar 24, 2017

Settings > Display & Brightness > Auto-Lock on one's iPhone should probably be set to "never" during the process as well, shouldn't it?

Highlighted
Community Manager

Hi thersites,

I don't have an iPhone, but my iPad automatically locks during periods of inactivity. This did not interrupt the process for me. Do processes continue to run in the background when your iPhone is locked?  They do on my iPad.

ST

Highlighted
Animated Arbiter
Registered since

Mar 24, 2017

I don't think the iPhone is different from the iPad in that regard. I disabled auto-locking when I had difficulties during the update just to be sure.

Highlighted
Community Manager

I'm new to IOS. I got my iPad so I could run the Bose Hear app.

ST

Highlighted
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Jun 27, 2017

No problems downloading the Bose Hear App 1.2.2 but as others have commented it announces PREPARING UPDATE 34 min remaining then runs down to less than a min remaining (it stays on this for 6 to 8 minutes) then flips back to PREPARING UPDATE 34 min remaining. It's been doing this for two days now (I don't have much of a life) and despite 100% charged Hearphones and iPhone, and restarting them, then clearing the Bluetooth pairing, then re-pairing them, and ensuring both devices are fully charged, after about 45 minutes the message always flips back to PREPARING UPDATE 34 min remaining. I don't think this problem is my fault. 

Highlighted
Community Manager

Hi fotoLibrarian,

Thanks for taking the time to write. I'm sorry update process isn't working for you.

It sounds like you're doing everything you can at your end.

Let me look into this further here. The people I need to talk to about this are out until Monday.

In one of your other posts (Birdsong) you mentioned, London. London, England?

ST

Highlighted
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Jun 27, 2017

That's the place. It's a very large town on the other side of the Atlantic. I bought my Hearphones in your Long Island store. And after two days the upgrade has worked! I didn't do anything different; just kept on following your instructions and trying to make it happen. The first indication that something different was happening was a green and a red light on the Hearphones and a large rotating circle on the iPhone. All good now.

Highlighted
Community Manager

Hi fotoLibrarian,

Thank youfor letting us know you're OK.

ST