Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Jul 28, 2017

Re: Problems updating to firmware version 1.4.1

I know that coorelation does not imply causation, but after three failures, I turned off the Bluetooth on a nearby computer (that was NOT paired to the Hearphones), and the next iteration succeeded in updating the device.

ST

Highlighted
Community Manager

Hi jeffreyl,

Thank you for joining us. Welcome.

We know that success requires an uninterrupted connection from our servers to your device and from your device to your Hearphones.

Maybe there's a correlation. Maybe not. Thanks for letting us know that you succeeded.

ST

Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Jul 28, 2017

I had the same issue.  Tried it 5x (at least) in one day, the day I bought it last week.  Reinstalled the app several times, did hard re-sets on my iphone 6s+, called Bose support.  Used hotel wi-fi and also tried cellular data. Updated Apple IoS to 10.3.3. Nothing seemed to help.  We left our hotel and went home the next day and everything worked great on the first try.  Not sure what the issue was, but perhaps it worked better on my wi-fi.

Highlighted
Community Manager

Hi erkball,

Thank you for joining us!

I'm sorry it took so many tries to get the update. It sounds like your wi-fi connection at home was more stable than the hotel wi-fi and the cellular data connection. 

Thanks telling us about your experience and for letting us know that you got the update.

ST

Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Jul 28, 2017

Thank you!  One thing I failed to mention was the update always reached the point where it said "less than one minute remaining" and then it eventually went back to 28 and then 40 minutes remaining.  I'm not sure if that helps in diagnosing the problem for others.  

Highlighted
Community Manager

Thanks @erkball,

The team is watching this discussion. That information is going to the right people.

If you've got a minute, please start a new discussion and tell us about your experiences with Hearphones.

Thanks,

ST