Firmware 1.6.4 Announcement and discussion
Update: February 10, 2018
Hearphones firmware updates are now available at http://btu.bose.com (for Windows and OSX)
You may be asked to install the Bose Bluetooth updater sofware. Once you do that, you will be able to update the firmware in your Hearphones. This will be much faster than updating over a Bluetooth connection with IOS or Android.
Available today - December 19, 2017
Hearphones firmware update 1.6.4
This is a minor update. Details below.
You need to install Bose Hear app version 1.3.0 to update your Hearphones to firmware version 1.6.4
NOTE: After the update completes, your Hearphones may become unresponsive. If so, please connect to a charger until the amber light comes on (less than 30 seconds). You can then disconnect from the charger and your Hearphones should operate normally.
For best results, please follow these steps to ensure your Hearphones stay connected to the phone or tablet running the Bose Hear app.
- Charge your Hearphones to 100% before you install updates
- Disconnect your Hearphones from the charger, make sure it is on, and place it beside your phone or tablet.
- Use the Bose Hear app Settings to set auto off to NEVER. You can put it back to your preferred setting after the update.
- Keep the Bose Hear app in the foreground on your phone or tablet. It's okay if it's running in the background but if you close it or force-quit this update will have to start over when you start the app again.
- Keep your Hearphones beside the phone or tablet during the update. This can take up to an hour in total. We're doing this to maintain a good connection. Otherwise, you could walk out of range or encounter interference that can break the connection and force the process to restart.
- Check back after an hour to see if the update has completed.
To get the latest version of Bose Hear, go to the App Store or Google Play and search for Bose Hear. Depending on the settings on your device, the Bose Hear app my update automatically. Otherwise, you must choose to install it.
When you open the updated Bose Hear app, it will automatically download firmware version 1.6.4. Once that is downloaded you can update your Hearphones.
Firmware version 1.6.4 :
- You must update your Bose Hear app to version 1.2.0 or later to be compatible with this firmware. Version 1.3.0 or later is recommended for full functionality
- Bug fixes and minor improvements
- Minor adjustment to low frequencies in Front and Focused Directivity modes
Customers will be notified through the Bose Hear app when the firmware update is available. Please install the update.
Please reply to this post if you have any question about these updates.