Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Dec 10, 2017

Function Request - Volume Adjustment

After months of using my sleepbuds, I'm finding adjusting the volume not very user friendly. The volume slider is difficult to fine tune and volume adjustment does not work using the phone buttons. I have an iPhone X and when I want to change the volume during the night, it's very cumbersome to have to punch in my code and navigate to the volume slider in the app (especially when groggy from sleep). It would make better sense to be able to adjust the volume by just using the phones volume buttons.

Anyone else agree?

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 5, 2016

Re: Function Request - Volume Adjustment

Hello deliddell,

Thank you for the feedback!

I will pass this along to development for you. If you have any other ideas, let us know.

Regards,

Joel - Community Support

Highlighted
Collaborator
Registered since

Oct 11, 2018

Yes I agree too deliddell.

I have 'sausage' fingers  ; )   ...and to miniscule and -fine-tune the volume option is not present there. It's the surface area of the touching finger that decides the 'knob' on the progress bar. Its subjective at the moment.

This is not a show stopper at all , But I definitely agree that a More fine-tuned approach will make the product even more Sharp for it's users.

A suggestion: just like we can set the alarm function by rolling through the digits , the volume can also be made into digits (say: 0 -100 ).

People can exactly home into the number they prefer ....and remember the magic number too for future uses.

This is as Objective as it gets  , rather than the fingers ...cuz....not everyone has ''quick & Nimble''  fingers  😉 

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Nov 5, 2018

I absolutely agree.  The Bose sleep app needs to use the phone's up and down mechanical volume buttons to adjust the volume of the of the masking sound.  This a huge design flaw to force the user to use a slide volume control from the apps UI instead of using the phone's volume buttons.   I adjust the volume 2 or 3 times a night depending on how loud my wife snores. This operation needs to be as simple as possible to make it easy to fall back to sleep after making a volume adjustment.

I have other sleep masking sound apps and they all use the phone's volume buttons.  Bose is the only one that doesn't allow this.

This is a comparison of the steps to adjust the volume from the Bose Sleep app vs. using just the phone's volume buttons :

Bose sleep app:

1. put on glasses
  2. grab phone
  3. press home screen to wake up phone
  4. bright light from phone screen could wake up my wife
  5. launch Bose sleep app
  6. go to volume slider control
  7. adjust slider
  8. put phone down
  9. take off glasses
  10. try to go back to sleep...

Use phone volume buttons:

1. grab phone
  2. press up or down volume buttons without having to  look at the phone
  3. try to go back to sleep

Please add support to adjust the Bose Sleep App mask sound volume from the phone's volume buttons.

thanks,

Paul