Kate26
Participant
Registered since

Feb 14, 2018

Hearing aids and headphones i wear hearing aids and want to use my amazon app to download onto my

I wear hearing aids. I want to use my Amazon app to download books to my Samsung. Which headphones should 0rder?
6 REPLIES 6
ST - Hearphones
Community Manager - Retired
Registered since

Dec 23, 2016

Re: Hearing aids and headphones i wear hearing aids and want to use my amazon app to download onto

Hi Kate,

Thank you for joining the Bose Hear Community. 

I'd like to help, but to answer you correctly, I need a little more information.

Does your Amazon app stream audio over Bluetooth?

What is the name of the app?

What version of the Android operating system do you have on your Samsung device?

Thank you,

ST

@Kate26 wrote:
I wear hearing aids. I want to use my Amazon app to download books to my Samsung. Which headphones should 0rder?

Kate26
Participant
Registered since

Feb 14, 2018

Re: Hearing aids and headphones i wear hearing aids and want to use my amazon app to download onto

Dear ST,
I have an android version 7 samsung. I have an amazon app downloaded and blue tooth.
ST - Hearphones
Registered since

Dec 23, 2016

Hi Kate26,

Please tell us the name of the Amazon app.

Thank you,

ST

@Kate26 wrote:
Dear ST,
I have an android version 7 samsung. I have an amazon app downloaded and blue tooth.

h20pigret
Participant
Registered since

Apr 1, 2018

I have been wearing double hearing aides for over 10 years. When I watch T.V. or listen to music on my Bose system, I usually put on my Sony cover the ear headphones or my Sennheiser cte headphones, both wireless. I can do this with my BTE hearing aides either in or out. In either case, the headphones greatly improve music and speech so that I can understand about 97 % of what is going on. Without them, I only get about 40%. I am 81 years old and haven't been to the movies in years because I miss well over 70% of the dialog. The only music I listen to is from the 50's -70's because I already know the words so I can sing along. I miss out on so much of conversations that I just nod my head and agree. Would it be possible to switch back and forth with the in the ear setup that is currently installed in the Hearphones or could cover the ear cups be ordered? That way I would not have to keep switching back and forth with my hearing aides out in public. I have been a Bose Customer for over 15 years and truly enjoy the systems that I have. I go to sleep every night listening to my Bose wave radio just above my pillows playing surf sounds. That, I can understand. Thank you Harry Wright

Edit: Private contact information removed

ST - Hearphones
Registered since

Dec 23, 2016

Hi Harry,

Thank you for joining the Bose Hear Community.  I appreciate you interesting questions, and they led me to do some experimenting here.

I have worn my Hearphones under my wireless Bluetooth headphones. I can hear the speech better than without them. 

You can also try listening to your TV via Bluetooth with your Hearphones. There is a Bluetooth boost setting for Hearphones increases the sound in the speech range. That may work for you, so you don't have to wear two sets of headphones.

You wrote: "Would it be possible to switch back and forth with the in the ear setup that is currently installed in the Hearphones or could cover the ear cups be ordered? That way I would not have to keep switching back and forth with my hearing aides out in public."

I'm not sure I understand your question (cover the ear cups), but we need to be clear that Bose Hearphones are not hearing aid replacements.  The best way to know if they will work for you is to try them. We have a 30-day return policy so you can use them in all the ways you want them to work and if you're not satisfied, you can return them. 

You can order them online at Bose.com

Sincerely,

ST

Pacerintl
Enthusiast
Registered since

Apr 5, 2018

Get the Bose Hearphones, you can use these with yell cell, Kindel, Alexa what ever and also work as hearing aid for both the hearing and none hearing...really hasn't taken off yet but they will. For anyone with hearing trouble, works in a noisy inviorment, travels alot, a job that requires attention to detail. Hear what you want block out what you don't.