Notice

The Bose Community Forum was launched at a time when robust online support was not available for Bose customers. Over the past several years we have added new online service channels that provide a more interactive and complete digital experience. Additionally, we have enhanced the My Bose Account capabilities to deliver a more personalized and self-service experience. As a result, Bose has made the decision to close Community Forum for Consumer electronics products on September 30th. The Bose Pro portion of the Community will still operate as usual.

Please visit our support homepage to experience one of our many other digital service channels or simply use your Community log-in credentials to sign in to your My Bose Account to view your orders and view support options.

Thank you to all who have contributed and benefited from interacting in our Community. We look forward to continuing to serve you online.

Regards,
Bose Customer Service Team
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ToddR
Contributor
Registered since

Jun 20, 2017

Hearphone gasket coming loose AGAIN

Ok, I'm thrilled with my hearphones and I use them nearly every single day but this is the second pair I've had with the same issue.  The rubber covering is coming loose on both sides of the hearphones.  It seems like the rubber has stretched and it won't fit back onto the earphones.

I'm one of the first folks to buy these.  I bought them in December, 2016 at the Bose HQ in Framingham, MA.  I love how they work but this gasket issue drives me crazy!!!!!Look at the rubber piece surrounding both neckpiecesLook at the rubber piece surrounding both neckpiecesThe rubber just lifts up and off...The rubber just lifts up and off...

5 REPLIES 5
ST - Hearphones
Community Manager - Retired
Registered since

Dec 23, 2016

Re: Hearphone gasket coming loose AGAIN

Hi @ToddR,

I'm sorry you've had this problem with the rubber covering. Please give us a call on Monday. 1-800-761-2673

Thanks,

ST

ToddR
Contributor
Registered since

Jun 20, 2017

While I am generally ok with the solution (replace the headset); it is not an ideal solution.  Why not?  

1. I have to send my hearphones in and you'll replace them when you receive these.  I don't want to be without my hearphones.  I use them at work DAILY.  I actually live about 20 minutes from the Framingham office.  Can't I just bring them to someone there and swap them out?

2. This is the second pair I've had do this.  Is it going to be this way with EVERY pair I get?  Are you doing anything to fix this issue or am I the only person that is having this issue?

ST - Hearphones
Registered since

Dec 23, 2016

Hi ToddR,

Thanks for expressing your concerns about the replacement process and the gasket issue.

I understand. It's inconvenient to be without your Hearphones while we're going through a warranty exchange. We've recently reworked the workflow, and now we send customers (in the US) a prepaid shipping label to make it simpler to get the unit back to us. Yes, we need to receive the broken unit before we ship the replacement. I'm sorry.

If you purchased the product at a Bose store, we may be able to do an exchange at that store. Please call the store to make sure they have stock and tell them what you want to do. They will tell you how that will work. Note: This applies only to Bose stores and not other retailers who carry Bose products.

We know that a most customers are doing fine with their Hearphones and a very few are having an issue that recurs. If it happens again, we'll take care of you.

ST

KevinMc
Participant
Registered since

Feb 14, 2018

Hi Todd,

So you know, you are not alone with this issue.  My Hearphones are having the exact same issue and I have the same dilema that you face.  The hearphones have become a daily part of my life and I feel incomplete when I am not wearing them.  You are lucky to be near a Bose store that carries them.  My local stores do not and the closest one is more than 3 hours away.  I had this same issue with the QC30 after about 6 months of wear and was able to trade those out at my local store in the past.  While inconvenient, as long as they will exchange them when it happens I would be happy.  However, I will have to wait until I travel to a location that has a store that carries them.  I will be in New York next month so hopefully I can swap them out there.  I will say that when I swapped out the QC30s they mentioned that some of them had an issue with the adhesive and the new ones I got have not had the issue.  Granted, they are no longer my standard headphones now that I have the hearphones so I am uncertain that they will not face the same issue in the future.

I will say that Bose needs to be cognizant that now that they are getting into the assistive devices market that asking customers to be without their hearphones for a week is unacceptable and will not help them break into this highly competitive market.  I love these and will never be without them again if I can help it.  I am tempted to by a second set so I can always have one charging and be able to send them in when they need repair without being deaf again.  Not sure I can convince my wife on that though.......

Anyway, just wanted you to know that you are not alone and I am on my second pair of Bose headphones (QC30 and now Hear) that have had this same issue.  Perhaps it has to do with the fact that I wear them everywhere including the gym and cannot stand having them rotate (as I am sure you have noticed) so I constantly move them around on my neck.  This action may be the cause of the stretching, but I do not give Bose a pass on that.  Because of the nature of the device and the design that allows the rotation of the base it should be expected.  I am interested to know your thoughts and if any of my behaviors are similar to yours in causing this issue.

Kevin

ST - Hearphones
Registered since

Dec 23, 2016

Hi Kevin,

Thank you for joining the Bose Hear Community. 

It's great to read that your Hearphones are serving you well. I am sorry about the gasket issue.

Please know that you don't have to come into a Bose store to get a replacement for your Hearphones. You can call us and we can arrange for a replacement. 

Bose Hear Customer Service call us at 1-800-761-2673.

I understand that to be without them is an inconvenience.  

If you decide to wait until you are in New York, please call the store and make sure they know you are coming and you need to exchange your Hearphones.

Here is our Store Locator where you can find a store and get the phone number.

ST