Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Oct 4, 2018

Hearphones are great for my hearing but Bluetooth???

Ok, I got these about 30 days ago.  I consider myself relatively technically astute but here is what I need and what I have gone through so far.  Connecting via bluetooth to either my phone or 2 different windows 10 boxes, I have to repeatedly try to connect and when all else fails, I uninstall and re-install the drivers on my boxes and eventually get them to pair properly on 1 of the boxes.  I tried the phone one time and again I had to keep turning bluetooth on then off then clearing the device list and powering on and off the hearphones and then if it felt the urge to connect, it did.  I need these to be paired with one PC and one phone, which I thought was possible. But without disrupting the PC pairing, I'm very hesitant to try 2 devices when I can't get one device to work properly.  I'm using the latest Broadcom drivers on the pc's.  They show up fine in my device manager just can't connect reliably.  Funny, I have a pair of "Bludio" headphones and maybe 5% of the time I might have to connect and disconnect on my PC to get them working but they are no hassle to deal with.  Besides the on/off button issue, (which you practically need a pair of pliers to operate) is this a design issue?  I'm about 5 feet away frtom the receiver on my pc and about 1 foot away on my phone.  Did I just get a defective pair?  I'm also not able to run the Bose Hear app because my phone (Android v. 5.1.1) isn't compatible.  Apparently Version 6.0 is the lowest android that will work.  I did manage to install the Bose Hear App on an Android emulator from Blue Stacks.  That's when I found out that my Hearphones would not connect on this pc no matter how many things I tried.  So, I gave up with that app.  So then I tried installing the Bose update app but it can't detect my Hearphones.  When I attach the usb cable and run it into my pc, I hear the usual windows chime that a device was plugged in but the app just sits there staring at me.  Maybe it doesn't work on these.  Other than that, they're great ------  Anybody!  Bose!  help!  What are my options?  I'm trying to avoid returning these.  Thanks to anyone reading my boring diatribe....

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Community Manager

Re: Hearphones are great for my hearing but Bluetooth???

Author Accepted Answer selected by meinmontco

Hi meinmontco,

Thank you for joining the Bose Hear Community. I'm sorry you're having trouble with Bluetooth connectivity.  You've done a lot of troubleshooting and I think it's best if you call us so we can talk voice-to-voice and go through things interactively. Please call us.  Bose Hearphones Support 1-800-761-2673

Also, please mention the difficulty with the power switch.

Thank you,

ST

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Community Manager

Author Accepted Answer selected by meinmontco

Hi meinmontco,

Thank you for joining the Bose Hear Community. I'm sorry you're having trouble with Bluetooth connectivity.  You've done a lot of troubleshooting and I think it's best if you call us so we can talk voice-to-voice and go through things interactively. Please call us.  Bose Hearphones Support 1-800-761-2673

Also, please mention the difficulty with the power switch.

Thank you,

ST

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Oct 4, 2018

Well, an update.  Spoke to very knowledgeable agent who guided me through a firmware update using my PC as a host.  Updated and seems to work!  Still going to try pairing 2 devices, phone and PC but I've reason to believe that will work.  Strange that a 30 day old pair of these required a firmware update to make them work but they work now.  Very satisfied with the results so far.  I also put in my negative vote on the poser button.  Thanks, Bose

Highlighted
Community Manager

Hi meinmontco,

Thank you for coming back to tell us you're okay now.

Enjoy your Hearphones.

ST