Eunice_Y
Community Manager - Retired
Registered since

Jan 24, 2017

Hearphones as Headphones

Hearphones also function as headphones for wireless music, phone calls and some people really enjoy controlling both volumes at once: music volume and world volume.  For me, boring PTA meetings are much more fun when I stream music too.  Is anyone else using both volume controls at once?

7 REPLIES 7
ST - Hearphones
Registered since

Dec 23, 2016

Re: Hearphones as Headphones

It's great to listen to *my* choice of music while doing the chores of life. This is especially so when stores have music of another generation blaring (more foreground than background).

I use both volumes so I can play my music and still be aware of the social cues around me. I don't want to be one of those people who travel among others completely oblivious to their surroundings. I use World volume and Directivity EVERYWHERE to remain present and aware.

ST

raylarose
Collaborator
Registered since

Mar 20, 2017

Yes! I use them both at once all day long in my office.  I need to be able to hear announcements over the PA, ringing (constant) phone, and other things - so I keep the world volume up while streaming music all day long to them.

Solo276
Participant
Registered since

Mar 20, 2017

Yes I do this too. Listen to music and hear the world around me.

Mutnat
Mentor
Registered since

Feb 3, 2017

Oh this is yet another way I didn't realize you could use Hearphones.  So, they could be a complete replacement for my beloved QC30's and offer that functionality and way more.  Interesting.  I wish I'd known about them before I bought the 30's back in mid-February.  Intruiging.  

*** Please Note: I do not work for Bose; please don't private message me your support questions!
thersites
Advocate
Registered since

Mar 24, 2017

And they cost $200 more.

richardberryhill
Collaborator
Registered since

Jun 1, 2017

New to the forum as well as the Hearphones. 

I used mine this way, too, listening to my iTunes sounds but with World vol turned down to 44 or so to almost entirely block out the sounds going on outside my office - we are in a historic old gold rush era  building in the Bay Area - so there is no air conditioning and we open the windows and catch ocean breeze. Along with the breeze comes traffic, sirens, enormous Bart fans blowing like mad, but none of it is loud enough to be annoying or energy draining. Turn up the volume on the iPhone or whatever bluetooth you listen too, turn down world volume, and relax. 

ST - Hearphones
Registered since

Dec 23, 2016

Hi richardberryhill,

Welcome. Thanks for joining us.

You have to help me here.  BART = Bay Area Rapid Transit? Google helped with that one. What's a Bart fan?

Thanks,

ST