Highlighted
Community Manager

Hearphones in a big boomy room for live music

I was at a live music show in a venue that wasn't designed for this kind of event. The room was big and boomy and is often the case, the music was too loud. The sound was bouncing around and the reverberation in the room made the vocals unintelligible. I used my Hearphones to reduce the overall volume until it was comfortable. Then I set the directivity to the FRONT mode (the middle tone). This allowed me to hear the sound coming directly from the stage and the pleasant side reflections that create the impression of spaciousness. It also cut out the sound bouncing off the back wall behind me and that let me make out the lyrics. The show was much more enjoyable.

Before the show, there was a meeting to talk about an upcoming event. We were in the same boomy room. There were people setting up for the show making a bit of a racket. I had my back to them.  I used my Hearphones in the FRONT mode (the middle tone) and this cut out the noise behind me. I could then hear what people were saying. This was a community meeting and there was a lot of distracting side-chatter. I switched to the FOCUSED mode and then I could choose who I wanted to hear and hear them clearly.  

ST

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Community Manager - Retired
Registered since

Jan 24, 2017

Re: Hearphones in a big boomy room for live music

Thank you ST. We get many questions asking about how Hearphones work at concerts and other venues.  Have you tried them in a room that was designed for listening to live music?

Highlighted
Community Manager

Re: Hearphones in a big boomy room for live music

Hi Eunice,

Please see Hearphones at a Rock Concert
My notes about using my Hearphones in a room that was designed for live music.

@Eunice_Y wrote:

Thank you ST. We get many questions asking about how Hearphones work at concerts and other venues.  Have you tried them in a room that was designed for listening to live music?

ST