austin_jtx
Silent Starter
Registered since

Mar 7, 2019

Re: High pitch sound problem

This problem just started for me. I have had the sleepbuds for one month and four days. (Dang it.) They emit a high-pitched sound, similar to the sound an old CRT monitor might make. This just started. Seems to affect all the sound programs. So, off to the customer service thicket I go...

There really is no excuse for a minimal product such as this at a pretty healthy price point to develop hardware/software issues one month out. Disappointed.

BoysenM
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Feb 18, 2019

Same problem here.. I've took a refund.. 

Waiting now till this problem is fixed and then I will buy a new pair.. 

I hope they will fix this. This is a wonderfull product (without the high pitching noise offcourse.)

Highlighted
c3ll4r_d00r
Vocal Volunteer
Registered since

Oct 12, 2018

I wish I could get a refund and then wait for an official update, but I'm not allowed 😞
shafferec
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Mar 10, 2019

Same is happening to me. I was one of the earliest users and the buds worked well for about the first year but in recent weeks I get this chirping noise and the sound in the buds is really low, no longer masks the sound.  The proposed solutions seem so complicated...sigh.  Why did they mess up this product with new software updates?!!!

Buhloo
Silent Starter
Registered since

Mar 10, 2019

Made an account just to add my name to the list of users experiencing this problem. Thanks thread for saving me time contacting support. Seems like we’ve got to wait for yet another update. Hopefully. Although if I turn the volume up high enough I can’t hear the chirping so no now I’m hesitant to update it anyways and make it worse… Maybe if it develops tinnitus or hearing loss in enough people a class action lawsuit would do it. Lol? In all seriousness though bose has always been reliable; I’m sure they’ll come out with a proper resolution.
mpulrang
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Mar 14, 2019

Same problem and it just started after 3 months of use.  Happy to see this is a known issue and unhappy to see so many others with it.  All without an acceptable solution.  I have used the same sound since buying them and since I noticed this issue today I tried other sounds and found other audible anomalies in them as well.  Not happy at the moment.  I will keep watching the forum for updates.

jamespaulley
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Sep 21, 2018

I have this problem too. So annoying.
majicka
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Mar 19, 2019

This problem started for me after a week.

Makes the headphones almost unusable. First week was fantastic.

Problem for me is a high pitched noise in the left ear. Just destroys the ambience of "Tranquility" mode for example.

Seriously, what's up with this? What's our options? Please acknowledge this issue Bose. 

majicka
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Mar 19, 2019

I have reason to believe it is something to do with Transferring other sounds. I didn't have any issues until I started transferring new sounds.

I just started to download "Boardwalk" and while downloading the noise has completely disappeared. Very strange.