ayres
Silent Starter
Registered since

Nov 26, 2018

Re: Feedback/buzzing in left ear bud still

I also emailed the Sleepbuds support team last night and like an earlier commenter they indicated that this is a known issue that they are aware of. Once the updated version is released (they cannot provide a date yet) I’d be welcome to switch the sleepbuds out.

They said:

“We are aware of this issue, odd sounds some Sleepbuds Customers are experiencing.

Our Engineering and Development Teams are currently working on a hardware fix.

Once this hardware fix is available, you would be able to set up an exchange order with us for a set of Sleepbuds without this buzzing sound.

I do not know when this hardware fix will be available, however, we are working diligently on resolving these poor quality audio issues for our Sleepbuds Customers.”

So at least this is an acknowledged issue and a fix is in the works!
c3ll4r_d00r
Vocal Volunteer
Registered since

Oct 12, 2018

Re: Feedback/buzzing in left ear bud still

Great thanks for the update.

samo
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Nov 27, 2018

Re: High pitched beeping in one ear

Hello,

I am also encountering this issue. The high pitch chirping is very disruptive, and sadly, I am not able to use this product. Will there be a firmware remedy available or if this is a hardware issue? It seems like this is a widespread. Perhaps it is an issue for those who can hear high pitches? I have worked on product development on projects that have had high frequency noise issues in which older developers could not hear, but would expect more from Bose seeing as how your product goes into the customer's ear!

c3ll4r_d00r
Vocal Volunteer
Registered since

Oct 12, 2018

Someone spoke to support, they said it's a known hardware issue they are looking to fix and then I think exchange people's units.
MCHEN
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Nov 28, 2018

Noise made by Bose sleepbuds

Since last months, I can hear beeping sound in left ear and high pitched sound on the right side. The strange sound from the left will disappear when I tried to download new sound but the annoying sound from the right side keeps going. I can't sleep with sleepbuds at all and I believe the sound can damage my ears.

Community Manager

Re: Noise made by Bose sleepbuds

Hi MCHEN,

Thanks for writing in!

I would recommend contacting our Sleep Buds support team.  Their contact info is:  (800) 905-1273 (Mon-Fri 9am - 9pm, Sat 9am - 7pm ET)

Warm Regards,

Tony A - Community Support 

Highlighted
Ozwel
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Nov 22, 2018

Hey there,

Just posting here to say I also have this issue. I wrote an email yesterday to the support as per the guidance found here.

It was ok (I guess) the first nights but now I'm woken up in the middle of the night by one sleepbud with kind of a "white noise" on top of the "relaxing sound". It's not easy to understand at first what's going on but yet it wakes you up and if you can't go back to sleep you finally realize there's an intruder. During the second night I started being anxious after hearing this sound back again and I was afraid the sound was in my head (I have tinnitus) but putting the bud in the other ear was making clear the sound comes from the bud.

One more thing I noticed, when I wake up in the morning without alarm (usually during weekends) the sound comes from both sleepbuds. It's like the issue comes with time and each sleepbud has a different resistance to this problem but will get to it eventually. Like an overheating issue for example.

Anyway I read somewhere Bose is aware and there's definitely an hardware issue. So I will not send them back to amazon and wait for the fix to be released (firmware of exchange).

Sadly I'll have to use some white noise on speakers for the next weeks, just like before.

MCHEN
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Nov 28, 2018

I have the same problem but I believe this is a software problem because when I download a sound, the strange noise will stop. As soon as I stop downloading, the noise will come back again. So I just keep my sleepbuds downloading to stop the noise.

MCHEN
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Nov 28, 2018

Re: Noise made by Bose sleepbuds

Updated: When I download a sound, the strange noise will stop. As soon as I stop downloading, the noise will come back again. 

c3ll4r_d00r
Vocal Volunteer
Registered since

Oct 12, 2018

Interesting, might try that later.