jamespaulley
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Sep 21, 2018

High-pitched chirping, like crickets

Is there a workaround for the high pitched ringing these buds seem to produce? High frequency ringing audible under every sound.
7 REPLIES 7
Highlighted
c3ll4r_d00r
Vocal Volunteer
Registered since

Oct 12, 2018

Re: High-pitched chirping, like crickets

Some mentioned downloading a sound at the same time, although this didn't work for me. I think the answer is no.

Hey @jamespaulley,

Thanks for writing. Just wanted to let you know this topic has already been discussed here. If you're still experiencing a high-pitched noise across all sounds, we suggest that you contact our Sleepbuds support team who can help you out with a further solution. 

Thanks again,

Mohsin - Community Support

Kaios
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Mar 28, 2017

The post you have mentioned is marked as solved and I cannot comment anything.

My sleepbuds are also making the high pitch noise. 

The firmware of the case and sleepbuds are up to date.

What should I do? Any other suggestions?

Community Manager

Hi Kaios,

Thanks for writing in!  

At this point, I would recommend reaching out to your local Sleep Buds support team.  Here is the contact information for North America:  

(800) 905-1273 (Mon-Fri 9am - 9pm, Sat 9am - 7pm ET)

Warm Regards,

Tony A

fractalbrain
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Jan 22, 2019

Same problem. I'm on my 3rd or 4th pair. Try setting them to phone free, close the app completely, put them in the case, remove them one at a time, and let them sit for an hour before using them. An hour might not be needed, I just guessed a "safe" time.

I've noticed (or at least I think I do) the chirping goes away after awhile.

I presume the chirping is related to microcontroller/Bluetooth radio operations. It comes through even with volume all the way down, but it does seem to get louder as I increase the volume.

jamespaulley
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Sep 21, 2018

There's no actually helpful information about this is there? I'm still hearing high pitched sounds. It sounds kind of like high pitched compression artefacting.
Community Manager

Hi Jamespaulley,

I'm sorry to hear that you're currently experiencing audio issues with your Sleepbuds. 

I encourage you to contribute any feedback to this identical thread, located HERE

Troubleshooting steps and resolution paths can be found in this post within the thread, HERE.

Kind regards,

Andy B