digitalmediaphile
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Jun 22, 2018

If the sounds are stored IN the sleepbuds, why does app need to be open?

My expectations were that since the sounds are stored IN the hardware that taking the buds out of the case would turn on the sounds once you had selected the sound and volume level on your iPhone. It appears that this is not the case and that the app has to be used to START the sound and that the app needs to be running in the background.

It would be good to be able to not have this requirement. So if I had "all night" selected, taking out of the case would immediately start an 8 hour playback at the last volume selected, using the last sound clip selected. Similarly if I had 6 hours selected, it would auto start a 6 hour session. Not sure how alarms would work with this as I don't know if this is stored in the buds or only in the app.

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted

Re: If the sounds are stored IN the sleepbuds, why does app need to be open?

Hello there, digitalmediaphile!

Welcome and thank you for stopping by to share your experience with us.

The sounds are stored locally on the Bose sleepbuds, and the app is needed to play the masking/soothing audio. However, I totally understand where you are coming from, and having the sleepbuds automatically start playing a sound once you remove them from the case would be great! 

This is actually a feature we are working on and planning to implement. We'll keep you updated on any new features to come!

Thank you again for your feedback, and if you need anything else let us know.

Mohsin - Community Support

KevinLongtime
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Jul 10, 2018

Re: If the sounds are stored IN the sleepbuds, why does app need to be open?

I would also love this feature