oaklandm
Collaborator
Registered since

Oct 3, 2018

Re: Latest iOS 13.4 Sleepbuds don't connect

have you been told there are no sleep engineers or is this a guess? Been a week since Andy updated us and does seem strange that he has been very active in other forums but not in the sleepbuds one. 

Andy_B
Community Manager

Hey everyone,

Today, April 8th, we have released a firmware update, 7.2.1.0, for the Sleepbuds. This can be installed via the Bose Sleep app. 

This update is intended to address Bluetooth connection compatibility with iOS 13.4. However, it will not help users who have already updated to 13.4 and are experiencing connection issues.

If you have not yet updated to iOS 13.4, or have access to a device that can successfully connect to your Sleepbuds such as a secondary phone/tablet, this firmware can be installed now.

Our Sleep team is diligently working to provide an update to the Bose Sleep application for users who are currently on iOS 13.4. We'll share more information and updates with you all as soon as it becomes available via our announcement post HERE.

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
culader
Contributor
Registered since

Mar 30, 2020

Don’t get a firmware update for an outdated Apple IOS. Isn’t there a way for those of us Elwood are using 13.4 to download the update?  Any ETA on update for all of us who are using 13.4. Really miss my sleepbuds!

ShippsAhoy
Participant
Registered since

Mar 30, 2020

This is confusing. If I have updated my iPhone to 13.4, which meant that my sleepbud stopped working, so I'm using them now on an old iPod that wasn't updated, am I supposed to install the Bose update? If so, will it break the connection I'm getting on my old iPod?

Basically, what's the point of the Bose update if it doesn't help us connect to our iPhones with 13.4 on them? And, if we're already working on older devices, why would we update the firmware?

daymilk
Contributor
Registered since

Aug 23, 2015

just did this using an iPhone I hadn't yet updated to 13.4 and the firmware update worked fine on the Sleep Buds and now they work on the 13.4 updated iPhone. the workaround works if you have an older iOS device to do the firmware update download from 

ShippsAhoy
Participant
Registered since

Mar 30, 2020

I did the same thing and it worked for me as well on my 13.4 iPhone. As you said, I had to do the Bose Sleepbuds update on my older, non-13.4 device, then disconnect them from my old device and they connected and worked with my 13.4 iPhone. Yay!

Andre_in_SanDeigo
Contributor
Registered since

Dec 21, 2017

I updated the sleep buds to the latest firmware 7.2.1.0 using an iOS device running 13.1. Then I disconnected the sleep buds from the 13.1 device and was able to connect them with a device running 13.4.1

oaklandm
Collaborator
Registered since

Oct 3, 2018

Thanks for the update, although not 100% fixed its good to know you are working on it. In the future when issues arise, maybe Bose could look at providing a bit more information. I was starting to worry Bose had given up on providing g a fix, just a quick forum post saying Bose had discovered an issue and a firmware fix would be released in the next few days would of been nice. Hope you manage to provide a fix for users already on 13.4.1 soon

Rchristo
Collaborator
Registered since

Nov 18, 2019

Not sure why my post was erased and I even got a message from your team saying that it wasn't appropriate.

For people to download the firmware update, they need to already have Sleepbuds that are connecting to the app. How does one get them to connect if the app is not recognizing them beyond the "Add Sleepbuds?" Firmware only downloads for those buds that might already connect.

These are replacement Buds that are brand new and haven't been able to connect to the app. What should people do who are using iOS 13.4.1 and unable to connect?

Danzo
Contributor
Registered since

Mar 26, 2020

If I understand the process right, we cannot upgrade the firmware if our phone  already has 13.4.

However if you have an older phone or an android then you can upgrade the firmware. For example I happen to have an ancient android phone that I use currently to turn on the sleepbuds every night.  

what I don’t have the answer to is if we can upgrade the buds to the latest software configuration using either a pre-13.4 iPhone/iPad or an android device of any kind, can we then use our existing 13.4.1 phone moving forward.   If yes, if you have a friend who has an android you borrow it download the software for sleep buds and do the upgrade. But I haven’t seen that explained yet.   They did say that they are developing the firmware update so that we can do it directly from 13.4. They did not give any indication of time