oaklandm
Collaborator
Registered since

Oct 3, 2018

Re: Latest iOS 13.4 Sleepbuds don't connect

@Danzo

• If you are already running 13.4 and are still somehow able to connect, or if you are using Android, we recommend you update the firmware update there. Alternatively, if you have an iOS 13.4 device and another device not running 13.4, you can use the secondary device to update the firmware, and then proceed as normal.

If this is what you are confused about, I can confirm this works and is correct.. If you have access to an iOS device running pre iOS 13.4 or an Android device you can update the Sleepbuds firmware via that device and then the sleepbuds will connect fine to the device running iOS 13.4.1.

I managed to borrow an old android tablet from a family member last night, downloaded the sleep app to that and used the Android tablet to update the sleepbuds.

The Sleepbuds now connect fine to my iPhone running 13.4.1.

The Issue Bose have at the moment is if you only have access to a device running 13.4.1, you will be unable to connect to update the firmware, once the firmware is updated on the sleepbuds, they connect fine to iOS 13.4.1.

Hope that makes it a bit clearer for you 🙂

Danzo
Contributor
Registered since

Mar 26, 2020

Thank you. That was exactly what I was asking. But I thought one person on here said they did an update and it still went to work on 13.4.1 but I may give it a try tomorrow. I had a couple of drinks tonight. I don’t want to mess it up. LOL thanks again

miklosh13
Collaborator
Registered since

Jun 3, 2019

I have an android and I don't see an update for Bose Sleepbuds.  I'm guessing there are 2 separate apps, 1 for android and 1 for iphone, and the update is only available for iphone.  Please correct me if I'm wrong.

oaklandm
Collaborator
Registered since

Oct 3, 2018

@Danzo Ok, I haven't seen that post, I haven't looked through the last page or so. It worked for me, the only issue I had was connecting to the Android device, took a couple of attempts but once they connected everything worked as expected. If you do have issues with them connecting to the Android app, try shutting the app down a few times or rebooting the device. Hope it works ok for you, its great having a working pair back again 🙂

@miklosh13 

The update should be available via both apps, the update does partly fix the iOS connection issue but the update is available via the Android app, I updated mine via the Android app so I could get them working on my iPhone.

Rchristo
Collaborator
Registered since

Nov 18, 2019

Awesome. I guess the recourse for those who don't have a device on an old pre-iOS 13.4 or android phone is to go directly into Bose A/S, show them this stream of comments and have them figure out how to get their product to work. Thank you. This helps! Will do.

Danzo
Contributor
Registered since

Mar 26, 2020

Thanks so much. My earbuds are now working with iOS 13.4.1

Here’s how I got them working. I am an inch an android phone. Connected the earbuds to that. It came up saying there was a new firmware I clicked install. 10 minutes later it said to put them back in the case. I did that then I took them out of the case. Then I Open the Bose Sleep app on my iPhone with 13.4.1. The app made me reinstall them as new earbuds. Everything is working. I feel like I’ve rediscovered heaven.   If you can just borrow somebody’s old android phone If you can just borrow somebody’s old android phone for 15 mins, you’ll be able to do this.you’ll be able to do this.

Lori042
Contributor
Registered since

Mar 27, 2020

How do you update the firmware with an Android?   I went out and bought a $40 Android phone and downloaded the Bose sleep app on that.  Everything works great.  You don’t need to pay for a phone plan runs off of my wireless.  But I don’t know how to update the firmware from the Android so that I can get these back working with my iPhone.  If you can explain I would be very grateful.  Thanks!

Danzo
Contributor
Registered since

Mar 26, 2020

When you take the earbuds out of the charging case and connect them to the android Bose app as if you were going to use the app on the android to set whatever sleep pattern you want on it, there will be a small icon that will show up on the phone that says new firmware available or new update available. Click on that and you’ll be home free.

Don’t throw your android phone out  keep it in your car with an extra charger. Remember even without A sim card, 911 still works on the phone. So it’s a great emergency phone if your phone is lost or damaged and you need to Make the emergency call

Mike_D
Participant
Registered since

Apr 9, 2018

Yes, if you have an older iOS version, you can update with that, then go back to the iOS 13.4 or greater device and it will connect.

Jmckinnon
Participant
Registered since

Apr 1, 2020

Updated sleepbuds using my old iPhone without latest iOS update. 

Connected buds to old phone - a-ok - buds update success - put buds back in case

Turned off Bluetooth on old iPhone 

My new iPhone has the latest 13.4.1 update

Activated Bluetooth, took buds from case, started app. This time app responded as if it were a new installation. Went thru prompts and then at the end, it recognized buds. Success! Let’s  see if it stays connected tonight!

Sent from my iPhone