Andy_B
Community Manager

Re: Latest iOS 13.4 Sleepbuds don't connect

Hey everyone,

I just wanted to jump-in and confirm that this is currently being evaluated by our Sleep team. As soon as I have more news or information to share, I'll be posting this here with you all. Thanks!

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
MArnix
Participant
Registered since

Mar 30, 2020

Thank you sleep team for your response in this difficult time. Appreciate it and hope both problem and solution can be found. Happy trouble shooting!

JDrit
Participant
Registered since

Mar 31, 2020

I tried all the steps recommended. Reset the base unit, Bluetooth on and off as well as airplane mode on and off and restarting my mobile device. No use on either pair I own. Started not working immediately after upgrading to IOS 13.4. 

Andy_B
Community Manager

Hey everyone - a quick update here today. Our Sleep App team has become aware of a compatibility issue when connecting sleepbuds to a mobile device running iOS 13.4. We are committed to supporting our Sleepbud customers, and we will continue to support the Bose Sleep App through operating system upgrades on both iOS and Android platforms.

To that end, we have a team diligently working on a software update to address this issue, and will update you all here as soon as we can confirm further details.

In the meantime, we can suggest the following actions:

• If you have not already updated your iOS device to 13.4, you have the option to delay updating your iOS version until after we’ve released a Sleep App update.
  • If you have another compatible mobile device (such as an Android device or another iOS device that is not running 13.4), you can continue to use the sleepbuds with that device
  • We recommend setting your Bose Sleep App updates to automatic, or periodically checking for updates to ensure you are running the latest version of the Sleep App

Hopefully have more to share soon. We will keep you all posted.

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
Danzo
Contributor
Registered since

Mar 26, 2020

Thank you so much for the thorough information. Really appreciate you guys looking into the change that Apple made and how it has impacted our sleep buds.   Much as we all want this solved quickly, please make sure that you stay healthy first.  Much says we all want this solved quickly, please make sure that you stay healthy first

Jmckinnon
Participant
Registered since

Apr 1, 2020

I have the same issue with 13.4 iOS on iPhone 11 . I installed it on my wife’s iPhone 8+ that I haven’t updated yet, and works fine. Will try installing on my old Ipad2 

ChrisWal
Participant
Registered since

Mar 26, 2020

Bose have advised is now that they are working on an App update ASAP to resolve the issue. 

Jursoy
Contributor
Registered since

Mar 27, 2020

Bose te puede enviar 1000 SleepBuds de reemplazo y con todos te pasara lo mismo, o actualizan Bosesleep o seguiremos igual.

Un saludo

Jmckinnon
Participant
Registered since

Apr 1, 2020

Well I thought iOS 13.4 was absolutely the culprit and I have an iPhone 5SE and 8+ that I haven’t updated .and have been using this week for my ‘buds and last night I couldn’t get them to connect and once or twice when I did, they would disconnect after 5 min or so! 

Robsbell
Participant
Registered since

Apr 3, 2020

Tried all of your recommendations but no luck on ether my iPhone 8 or iPad Pro. I did however download the app on my old iPad 4 and the sleepbuds function fine.