PSRon
Silent Starter
Registered since

Jul 25, 2018

Low frequency sound masking ? - sleep ear buds

I have a neighbor who plays video games late into the night and I am a light sleeper. The low frequency (bass) electronic sound reverberates through the common wall and into my bedroom which prevents me from falling asleep and/or staying asleep. Do the sleep ear buds mask low frequency sound?

4 REPLIES 4
Community Manager

Re: Low frequency sound masking ? - sleep ear buds

Hi PSRon

Thanks for posting in the community!

The Sleepbuds don't have any active noise cancelling features in them, and use passive noise attenuation to help mask the sounds from the outside world.  It's hard to say if this will work in your specific situation, so I would recommend trying them out and if they don't work out, we have a great 30 day risk free return policy!

Warm Regards,

Tony A - Community Support 

Highlighted
KevinLongtime
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Jul 10, 2018

Any way the sleepbuds are capable of a new low frequency sound loop enginered specifically to help mask out the low frequency annoyances?
jonat
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Jun 25, 2018

The buds have a fixed repertoire of (currently) 10 sounds. You'd have to experiment to see if any of them work for you. The "Circulate" sound has a low-frequency hum as part of it, but it's not the primary sound and may not be effective for this. Have you discussed the issue with your neighbor? Perhaps he'd be willing to use headphones at night.

c3ll4r_d00r
Vocal Volunteer
Registered since

Oct 12, 2018

Although I don't have this specific problem my answer would be yes. I use them for deep bassy voices from downstairs. Have tested with bassy YouTube videos cranked up. Vehicle engines right outside my window at 3am. Between the different sounds and the different volumes you might try, I think they'll mask just about anything.