Magnet damaged in the charging case?

SOLVED
Highlighted
Audible Advocate

Magnet damaged in the charging case?

Last night one sleepbud fell out of my ear and landed on the floor. Now it won't magnetically click on the charger. I can't manually stick it on the charger, either. It's like the magnetic polarity reversed, or the magnet got out of position. Is there any fix, or do I have to wait for my new pair to come to replace the campaign pair?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Magnet damaged?

Hello Kongjie,

Thank you for reaching out to the community! If you found one of the magnets detached from the charging case, please contact our Sleepbuds Support for further assistance. We have options available that will help resolve this. 

Contact information: (800) 905-1273. 

Thank you again,

Mohsin - Community Support

7 REPLIES
Audible Advocate

Welp, I figured it out. There is a tiny magnet between the two charging contact points. It must have fallen off when the bud hit the floor. It's so miniscule that I'll never find it.

Audible Advocate

Posting this for the benefit of anyone else who runs into the issue: the magnet didn't fall off on the floor. It was never on the bud in the first place. It was on the charger. So it disconnected from the bud when I removed it from the charger. I might try to reattach it with super glue but it's going to be hard because of the magnet's tiny size. And you can't use tweezers because, well, it's a magnet.

Hello Kongjie,

Thank you for reaching out to the community! If you found one of the magnets detached from the charging case, please contact our Sleepbuds Support for further assistance. We have options available that will help resolve this. 

Contact information: (800) 905-1273. 

Thank you again,

Mohsin - Community Support

Audible Advocate

Thanks for following up, Moshin. I think because the exchange for campaign customers is going to happen soon, I'll just wait for the new pair, then put a note in the old pair when I send back.

Silent Starter

I just returned the second pair of sleepbuds that I had this problem with. I assume they are working on the problem, I have an idea for a solution if they haven't come up with one already. The depth of the magnet should be as deep as possible to make it difficult to pop out of the hole.

Hi KGoodale13,

Thanks for posting. I am so sorry to hear that. I would contact your Sleepbuds support team for assistance. Here is the contact information: (800) 905-1273.

Regards,

Tony G - Community Support

Silent Starter

This is how a similar product does it.

Mike20181002_110742.jpg