Highlighted
tcaron20
Silent Starter
Registered since

Nov 8, 2017

Mute button, performing musician's monitor system?

Was on a conference call today with my Hear phones and Apple phone.

I could have used a mute button or mic control to block the ambient noise while listening. 

Is there a way to do this?

Also found another use for Hear phones as a performing musicians monitor system.

You can hear yourself singing while independently balancing the instruments around you.

And yes, I use a B1 w/B2 bass unit.

tom c

1 REPLY 1
Community Manager

Re: Mute button, performing musician's monitor system?

Hi Tom,

Thank you for joining the Bose Hearphones Community and thank you for the interesting comments.

Muting the Microphone

There is a microphone mute function: Press both the up and down volume buttons simultaneously briefly. That's the Bluetooth volume buttons not the World Volume buttons.  If your phone supports this, you should hear a voice prompt, "muted". Press those buttons again and you should hear "unmuted".  There's a lag when you do this so it's not going to be convenient if you are trying to get a word in edgewise in a spirited conversation. But if you just listening along, this might be okay.

Does that work for you?

Musician's monitors.

I use mine on stage too. Thanks for mentioning this application.

We've had several discussion about using Hearphones on stage.

Hearphones on Stage

- I hope you'll join this one and tell us about your experiences with Hearphones on Stage

Hearphones as Monitors

Hearphones and the Hearing Challenged Drummer (scroll down to Playing Music Live)

I'm glad you joined us Tom,

ST

@tcaron20 wrote:

Was on a conference call today with my Hear phones and Apple phone.

I could have used a mute button or mic control to block the ambient noise while listening. 

Is there a way to do this?

Also found another use for Hear phones as a performing musicians monitor system.

You can hear yourself singing while independently balancing the instruments around you.

And yes, I use a B1 w/B2 bass unit.

tom c

@tcaron20