Neckpiece (collar) Sliding Around

Silent Starter

Neckpiece (collar) Sliding Around

I have found that the neckpiece will slide to one side of the other, almost to the point of coming off if it weren't for the earpieces being in place. I'm not a jogger or runner. This happens simply while walking while wearing the Hearphones. If anyone else is experiencing this, what tricks or tips have you used to keep the neckpiece in place and keep it from sliding around?
5 REPLIES 5
Strident Supporter

Re: Neckpiece (collar) Sliding Around

If you are wearing a shirt/light jacket make sure they are on the outside.  This woks for me most of the time!

Silent Starter

Unfortunately I usually wear collarless shirts or t-shirts. This results in the hearphones collar unit resting right at the edge where my shirt collar meets my neck.
Highlighted
Strident Supporter

@cowinmyundies wrote:
I have found that the neckpiece will slide to one side of the other, almost to the point of coming off if it weren't for the earpieces being in place. I'm not a jogger or runner. This happens simply while walking while wearing the Hearphones. If anyone else is experiencing this, what tricks or tips have you used to keep the neckpiece in place and keep it from sliding around?

I tried this today and it worked, wrap the cord going to the ear piece around the neckpiece one turn. This seems to pull the excess cord closer to your neck and keeps it from hanging up on collar.  Let me know if it works for you. 

Friendly Fanatic

I've found the neckband to be more stable when resting on bare skin than against fabric. Try wearing it under your shirt. This is also slightly less visually intrusive.

Also, keep the neckband clean. As a microscopic layer of dust develops on it, it becomes more slippery and more prone to movement.  

If you wear a sweater, you might try putting pieces of Velcro tape (the "prickly" half, not the "fuzzy" half), on the neckband, which will stick to the sweater, holding the neckband firmly in place.

Silent Starter

Thanks for the reply. I wear t-shirts mostly so wearing the hearfones underneath those doesn't really work for me. Someone else suggested looping the earphone wire around the neck piece once to check up some of the slack. I haven't tried that but I might. I like the idea of some sort of clips or something small that might hold the neck piece to my shirt. I'll have to keep my eye out for a little things like that when I'm in stores. Thanks again for the response.