Notice

The Bose Community Forum was launched at a time when robust online support was not available for Bose customers. Over the past several years we have added new online service channels that provide a more interactive and complete digital experience. Additionally, we have enhanced the My Bose Account capabilities to deliver a more personalized and self-service experience. As a result, Bose has made the decision to close Community Forum for Consumer electronics products on September 30th. The Bose Pro portion of the Community will still operate as usual.

Please visit our support homepage to experience one of our many other digital service channels or simply use your Community log-in credentials to sign in to your My Bose Account to view your orders and view support options.

Thank you to all who have contributed and benefited from interacting in our Community. We look forward to continuing to serve you online.

Regards,
Bose Customer Service Team
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
blundin
Participant
Registered since

Jul 22, 2019

Right sleepbud charging issues

My wife loves the Noise Masking Sleepbuds I got her, but the right Sleepbud has stopped charging. We've already run through all the trouble-shooting solutions and reset the charging station, all to no avail.

Vicky_W

Re: Right sleepbud charging issues

Hello Blundin, 

Thanks for reaching out and welcome to the Bose Community! 

I am so sorry you are having this issue with your wife's Sleepbuds. As you have tried all troubleshooting steps, the best option here would be to reach out to your local customer support center and explore the service options for your headset. You can do this by clicking this link here: https://bose.life/2f4nJid, selecting your region, scrolling to the bottom of the page, and selecting contact us. If you are in the US or UK you can also reach out via Facebook or Twitter and one of our team can help you there. 

Kind Regards, 

Vicky W - Community Support 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
krishp
Participant
Registered since

Jul 22, 2019

Hi, My sleepbuds worked fine for about 5 months after which the right bud stopped working. I was given a replacement. I am using the new buds since 10 days. They worked fine for 7 days after which the right bud stopped charging fully. First day it stopped at 88%, then it would not charge beyond 52%. Now it does not charge beyond 38%. I had updated to the newest firmware in the case and buds on receiving the replacement. I reinstalled the app and tried resetting the case etc. Please suggest what is to be done to remedy the problem. Thanks and regards.

Tegan_M

Hello krishp,

Thanks for reaching out to the Bose Community! 

I'm so sorry you are having a charging issue with your Sleepbuds. As you have tried all troubleshooting steps, I would recommend to reach out to your local technical support team where an agent can explore the service options for your Sleepbuds. Please click this link, select your region, scrolling to the bottom of the page, and selecting contact us. Alternatively if you are in the US or UK you can also reach out via Facebook or Twitter and one of our team can help you there. 

I apologise that we could not do more for you via this platform but our technical support team will be happy to get this resolved for you. 

Tegan M 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started. And don't forget to check out our new and improved Community Ranks and Rewards!
Trs1985
Participant
Registered since

Jul 24, 2019

Battery issue- replacing all buds?

I called into customer service to get help on my SECOND pair of Sleepbuds (first were returned within 2 weeks due to beeping in one bud). Second pair worked ok for a few months until this obviously pervasive issue of battery charging began. Called into tech support and was told they’re replacing them due to this known hardware issue. I was told they’d be over nighted to me - no questions asked. Days go by- no buds. Turns out they forgot to ship them. Was told I won’t reveice til end of this week. As a consolation, was offered a free accessory only for the rep to realize there aren’t accessories for Sleepbuds yet...

As a premium company with luxury products and insanely high prices, I would expect better customer service and a more sustainable and quality product. I understand human error to a degree, but Bose already lost my trust with two malfunctioning products so my hope is that the customer service team prioritizes making this right by resolving these product/hardware errors flawlessly. Not forgetting my order. What are you doing to make this right? I’ll be on my third pair...doesn’t build confidence for customers to trust in your products. Any advice or resolution is greatly appreciated.

jason101
Advocate
Registered since

Mar 11, 2019

There is no point in Bose offering replacements until they have stop this issue from happening, as all they are doing is replacing one bad product with another bad product.

They need to solve the charging issue and the issue a recall and replacement for all old products.

Emmah1989
Participant
Registered since

Jul 25, 2019

Re: Noise masking ear buds not fully charging

I’m having the same issue. My left are bud charges fully and the right only up to 58%. I’ve tried troubleshooting and nothing works. I’ve contacted Bose for a full refund as I’ve only had them for 2 weeks! So disappointed as I loved them before having this issue. Hefty price tag especially seeing as this issue seems to be so common.... 

ThomasBB
Contributor
Registered since

Jul 29, 2019

So, after having had my second replacement I can only conclude that something is structurlaly wrong with the Bose Sleepbuds hardware. This needs to be fixed, getting replacements all the time is furstrating and time consuming.

I really love the product, but if after a few weeks the charging doesn't work and it charges only up to 58% that's not how it should be. When can we expect a new version and a recall of our units for replacement?

Thanks

Pritha84
Participant
Registered since

Jul 29, 2019

Sleep Buds

Hi,

I have a pair Bose Noise-masking Sleep buds. I bought that pair in October 2018, then in about 4months it started giving me problems. Buds kept losing pair while I was using them. one of the buds didn’t get full charge. Then after reading the manual I did reset the base did a software update but still didn’t workout. Then after calling tech support, they suggested me to return those to them and they will send me a new one. They did send me a new one and it was perfect for couple of months. So, I used it initially with no issues. Now once again after 4 months buds don't get full charge and again kept losing its pair. I always make sure buds are plugged in properly while charging and they are clean. I always make sure the base has full charge. I make sure the buds are connected to the base properly while charging by looking at indicator kind of heart-bit pattern. If they are connected wrong, then the indicators on the base tells you by every other alternate light on indication. I did research a ton on these as it’s an ongoing issue. I again reset the base and updated the software again no luck. Now when I launched a complain online with my serial# they are again replacing my product, but this is never ending. They recently replaced another head phone too. My thoughts are why they keep replacing these so costly products rather than making quality product with good software. I was a big fan of Bose because noise cancellation system is really good but software it not at all up to mark and I have almost all the headphones, at least 4 pairs. But now I think 3 times before even thinking buying a Bose, sometimes I won’t even consider. Any thoughts on this?

Neekuh
Participant
Registered since

Aug 3, 2019

Tried your solution and it seems to work. Thank you, you’re the only one who seems to have figured out the issue. 

@Sleepman wrote:

I bought a second pair of sleepbuds after having the charging issue with my left bud. So I had 2 sets to compare and fault find with. I studied electrical engineering. I have been able to “fix” my issue, or rather have a work around. It is not a software problem as some has suggested on the forum. It is a hardware problem with the buds batteries. The solution is to “jumpstart” the malfuctioning bud. To do this plug in the charging case to AC power. Place the offending bud on the terminals for about 15 seconds. Then remove the bud and immediately place it back again. Do this for about 3 minutes. Alternatively instead of removing the bud you can reset the case every 15 seconds for about 3 minutes. This will “fix” the issue and sleep-buds should charge back to 100 percent on next charging cycle and keep their charge. As time goes by and buds go thru charging cycles they can go into lazy mode again. Repeat “jumpstart” procedure as needed. Ps 20 years ago I applied for a job at Bose, was turned down. Now Im fixing their problems and paying for it by buying 2sets. Hope I get at least a refund.